Page 27 of 195 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Scream Man View Post
    Unless i am wrong, the Autobot army, including all the japanese g1 transformers and those introducsed in the IDW books is 185 characters.

Not a huge army.
    Looking purely at all the G1 Autobots released during G1 - just Hasbro's - and excluding all repeat characters (e.g. Goldbug etc.), then there are a total of 239 characters. This would be larger if we included Takara and non-toy characters, but it would still not much more than say roughly 300 characters. But yeah, even that wouldn't be a big army. Even the Spartans had a great force than this in the Battle of Thermoplylae*.

But I see them as being the 'hero characters' in the Autobot army, with the rest being populated by generics. I do wish that they would release generic troops for the Autobots, similar to how the Decepticons get say Vehicons.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    *Although there were 300 Spartan warriors, they were also reinforced by 300 Spartan slaves (hoplites), various Peloponnesian forces (e.g. Arcadians, Corinthians etc.), as well as various Opuntian Locrians (e.g. Thespians etc.), bringing a grand total of up to 7700 fighters. Although this was still outnumbered, as modern historians estimate the Persians to have had up to 300,000 soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

But I see them as being the 'hero characters' in the Autobot army, with the rest being populated by generics. I do wish that they would release generic troops for the Autobots, similar to how the Decepticons get say Vehicons.

Autotroopers and Autorooper says hi.

Thinking about the Latin terms used by IDW -- real vs fake Latin.

Conjunx Endura
    * Conjunx does indeed mean "spouse," although it is spelt "coniunx" in Classical Latin, as the letter J did not exist in the original Roman alphabet.
    * Endura is a Neo Latin word that comes from the actual Classical Latin word induro, which means, 'to make difficult.' So "coniunx induro" means, "a spouse that makes things difficult."
    * Some people, including tfwiki (although I can't remember if IDW has done this) incorrectly pluralises Endura as "Endurae." The truth is that 'Endura' is an uncountable or mass noun and there is no plural for it. An examples of uncountable nouns in English include information and milk.
    e.g. "That's a lot of information", not "informations" etc.

Amica Endura
    "amica" means friend in Latin, but only a female friend because this is the feminine nominative singular form of the word. A male friend would be called amicus, so a male Cybertronian's BFF would be an Amicus Endura. Also, the stress on the Latin word amicus/amica differs from the English stress on descendant words amicable, amiable and amity. In English, we place the stress on the first syllable (e.g. amicable = AM-uh-cuh-bull), but in Latin the stress falls on the second syllable. So Amica should be pronounced, "ah-MEE-kah," and not "AM-mi-kah."

To be fair, using messed up Latin is nothing new to Transformers. Optimus Prime should possibly be either, "Optimus Primo," or "Optimo Primus," and "Ultra Magnus" should probably either be, "Ultro Magnus," or "Ulter Magno." Ultra is feminine.

The new Rodimus and Galavtron set, along with the Autobot warriors, the battle on the planet of Junk and the Cyclonus and Scourge sets make up a good range of the movie cast, but there's still gaps.

What are the odds for:

"Mission to Earth" Platinum Edition set - 3 deluxes and 1 legend: battle damaged deco Ratchet, Ironhide, Prowl and Brawn

"City Under Attack" Platinum Edition set - 1 voyager, 1 scout, 2 legends: battle damaged Wheeljack and Windcharger, and Bombshell and Shrapnel

"Friends Reunited" Platinum Edition set - 1 voyager, 1 deluxe, 1 legend: redeco FOC Grimlock, Perceptor, and Wheelie

"Jettison Some Weight" Platinum Edition - 3 deluxes: Astrotrain and battle damaged deco Thundercracker and Skywarp

"Coronoation" Platinum Edition set - 3 deluxes: redeco Starscream (with new helmet), Ramjet, Thrust

+ "Get On With The Ceremony" Platinum Edition set - UW Constructicons with tiny trumpets (and elbows to use them).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    + "Get On With The Ceremony" Platinum Edition set - UW Constructicons with tiny trumpets (and elbows to use them).
    I was just thinking that! LOL
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    This is good comedy...

#sorrynotsorry

Bad Comedy- Tr Galvatron and a Black and grey Starscream (classics mold) with a crushed crown and burnt cape

Oh damn it. I forgot:

"Moonbase Outpost" - 3 legends Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Gears, RTS deluxe Jazz and CW Laserbeak

Not the greatest set. Maybe with a MP Laserbeak!

(Gears is there. I almost put Grappel into one of the sets too!)

And on that thought, those who are me there

"Cutscene" Platinum set - 4 deluxes: Tracks, Sideswipe, battle damage deco versions of Mirage, Red Alert