Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Next two Masterpiece toys for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Nice! Thanks Gok

i think people need to chill out it just a toy name

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I can now reveal that MP Star Sabre was the third translation/adaptation job that I was doing for Hasbro. However, the English bio is completely different and unrelated to the Japanese one. The Japanese bio is based on Star Sabre's appearance in Transformers Victory, where he was -- character-wise -- basically a clone of Optimus Prime (re: flawless heroic saviour archetype). The English bio is based on IDW Star Sabre, where Star Sabre is an incredibly dark character.

In the Japanese booklet, Star Sabre's function is "Autobot Supreme Commander." For the Hasbro version, his function has been changed to 'Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord' (at times abbreviated to 'Tyrest Accord Enforcer' or just "Autobot Enforcer" in different parts of the booklet). Japanese G1 tech specs don't have mottos, and I only had access to the booklet and not the tech specs card (so I have no idea if TakaraTOMY have newly created a motto for him), but the motto I created for the Hasbro version is "Quidquid facio sancitur divinitus.", which is Latin for "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned." -- and yes, I have written the motto in both Latin and English (as I did for Stinger ).

More reveals to come.
    Hey Goktimus, I was wondering why the IDW bio was chosen for the G1 Character? Was it Hasbro that asked you to do it this way?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Fans dream of this sort of opportunity to work on the Brand (which is why we have a lot of fans now in IDW and Hasbro), so let him have his moment as long as he remains humble about it... and it's not like Goktimus rewrote the bio with info that was completely original or made up.
    Good job Goktimus.

I'd also like to think it's because of fans in the business now that we're getting this great Combiner wars line as well. Totally got me sucked back in to new toys after a, well seems to me, long stagnation of kiddie movie rubbish stuff. I mean real kiddie, as in if I were still a kid I'd think it's still silly.

Just to know, did you do the English book for mp bumble? I'd like to also think that Hasbro is throwing in a little personalisation for our market and that they actually care. I see this actually making our toys more collectable as they are now something that isn't a straight import to shelf, but have a little gift of sorts done by a community fan.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Can't wait for MP Optimus since I missed out last time

Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    Hey Goktimus, I was wondering why the IDW bio was chosen for the G1 Character? Was it Hasbro that asked you to do it this way?
    if you can be bothered digging through the nerd rage i think the answer is already posted in the thread; something along the lines of the character never really appearing in any western media apart from the idw comics he went with that version as it would potentially be more familiar. i think

Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    What philby said. It's also to keep it consistent with the adaptation that I did for MP22 Ultra Magnus, which also retold the bio from a Western POV.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Good job Goktimus.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Just to know, did you do the English book for mp bumble?
    Nope. That was an in-house translation job by Hasbro, as was MP Wheeljack. And for the record, I haven't been approached to do any translation or adaptation work for the MP10 reissue.

Here is the original bio for MP Star Sabre:

In summary, it talks about...
    * The initial rise and fall of Deathzaras and his eventual escape from the Dark Nebula.
    * The Galactic Peace Alliance and their appointment of Star Sabre as its Supreme Commander, as advised by God Ginrai.
    * What a Brainmaster is, and the various cool stuff that Star Sabre can do.
    * A mighty robot; loved by good, feared by evil.
    * How he rescued and adopted the orphaned Jean Minakaze.

Wow when you put in english "loved by good, feared by evil" i suddenly remembered Voltron

Well i hope Hasbro would ask Gok for the MP10 translation rather than those in house translations that looks like just translates word by word and looks not knowledgeable of some TF technical terms. (Can't believe they wrote Seibertron on bumblebee bio )