Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Selling TFs isn't fun

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    And yes Griffin the fees. Ebay take some from the final price. Then some of the postage cost...so your at a loss just sending it. And let's not forget the paypal fee. For the last 8 months my ebay fees have been up to and including $350 a month
    eBay don't take any of the postage cost? how can they? unless you're using their flat rate post maybe. Ive only ever shipped parcels that are a measured weight and dimension.

I rarely have issue with the estimated shipping being incorrect. I just find it a drag when I'm using multiple different boxes to go in and edit the box size and weight every time I list a new item.

Last week I had someone offer me $11 each for two items I've got listed at $28 and $35 respectively. they might be a little high but they are certainly worth a lot more than $11 each. the offer didn't even ask for a combined postage quote, which I personally would have asked for before making a ridiculous pair of offers.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    eBay don't take any of the postage cost? how can they? unless you're using their flat rate post maybe. Ive only ever shipped parcels that are a measured weight and dimension.

Yep as from a few months back ebay now hit you with a percentage of the post cost as well as the sale cost

Wow I didn't know that - just checked my invoices and looks like they started September. I always refund any postage overcharge so on top of the standard final value fee and paypal fee we are getting charged a final vale fee on shipping!

I think their sole intention with regards to paying final value fees on postage cost is to encourage more sellers to offer free postage.

That's B#$%^#$t!!

so I offer free shipping and add an excessive amount to my BIN price. They really don't want to have anyone using them who isn't a business do they.

"come use our service, but if you want to sell stuff and maintain a 100% rating we're going to drop so many little charges everywhere that you can't possibly break even"

jerks.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I think their sole intention with regards to paying final value fees on postage cost is to encourage more sellers to offer free postage.
    That would mean I would need to increase my buy now price to cover the worst case scenario (posting to WA) so all other buyers then see this increased price and go somewhere else.....

How can ebay charge us a fee when they are not actually providing a service on postage.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Yep as from a few months back ebay now hit you with a percentage of the post cost as well as the sale cost
    Whaaaaaat?

Do they still charge the listing fee? It would annoy me when you pay listing fee, final value fee and then paypal fee.

Now a postage fee
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    How can ebay charge us a fee when they are not actually providing a service on postage.
    THIS.

bugger ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I would expect that it was probably instigated to stop people avoiding ebay fees by "shifting" the bulk of the item cost into the postage cost. The buyer still pays the same amount, but ebay didn't get their cut.
    Or, it might have been done to make it fairer to those sellers who list "free shipping", who are already paying ebay fees on postage.

Or the more likely option, if they still charge the same percentage, it's just an easy way for them to increase their revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    I think it is to make some money out of people who list figures that are priced for next to nothing for the figure but then jack the price up on the shipping.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Whaaaaaat?

Do they still charge the listing fee? It would annoy me when you pay listing fee, final value fee and then paypal fee.

Now a postage fee

THIS.

bugger ebay!
    I get 40 free listings a month. Gets eaten up real fast when re listing. Then yes $1.50 per item if around $20 most I get is $5 per item for the expensive stuff. Then sale fee. Then post fee. Then paypal fee. You have to sell more just to pay the bill at the end of the month.