View Poll Results: TF4 Movie (AOE) - worth watching?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

25 24.75%
  • good, see if you can

33 32.67%
  • average

20 19.80%
  • disappointing, avoid it

23 22.77%
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 4 : Age Of Extinction (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Most of the people who don't like them are Transformers fans. The average movie-goer I speak to did like them.

I for one enjoyed it, and so did my missus.
    I guess you're probably right. Great to hear you liked it though.

Always makes me laugh when I look at a site like Rotten Tomato's with a movie like this. It's amazing to see how different the critics and user reviews score it.

Oh geeze 16% on Rotten tomatoes. I usually find RT is on the money. X-men DOFP was a WAYYYY better film than this was. Good effects, good characters good pacing etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I got to admit, I know the new Transformer Movies aren't every ones up of tea. But boy does it shock me the amount of people that really seem to not like them
    By this poll's results it's only 1 in 5 who really didn't like it. Not that big a number. There were things I disliked about the movie and most of then are "could have done better" things. Overall I've been thinking about the movie a lot since I saw it and there's plenty to discuss. Once Americans start seeing the film check those boards and you'll probably find more vocal love.

For example of a could have done better. The morphing cubes. Something TF technology can't do, but humans can produce? Unlikely. But it would have made sense that Lockdown and his crew, travelling all over the galaxy, had that ability instead. Keep the effect in the film (if you must) but give it to the characters most likely to have it.

You know what human-built Transformers should have looked like? Diaclone. Imagine if in the 30th anniversary of Transformers we saw a movie with transforming robots that were a bit blocky, had visible seems and looked like the toys that started this all. Have hundreds of these mass produced robots so overwhelming numbers make up for disadvantages in speed and mobility. Give some Diaclone designers a cameo in the lab. And then have Lockdowns morphin crew as the additional threat.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Most of the people who don't like them are Transformers fans. The average movie-goer I speak to did like them.

I for one enjoyed it, and so did my missus.
    Yeah I was talking to a couple of guys in the office this morning, they saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it too. (Like me and my missus).

The fandom do nit pick every little thing. The general population/media poke fun at star wars/trek 'geeks' and with transformers more mainstream since the bay movies I am worried the fandom will simply cause all transformer fans to be labeled in a similar way.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Yeah I was talking to a couple of guys in the office this morning, they saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it too. (Like me and my missus).

The fandom do nit pick every little thing. The general population/media poke fun at star wars/trek 'geeks' and with transformers more mainstream since the bay movies I am worried the fandom will simply cause all transformer fans to be labeled in a similar way.
    At the end of the day, I could not give a crap whether the reviews are good or bad. I enjoyed it and that is pretty much all the matters. I felt it was more of a ROTF clone and I actually loved ROTF! I don't really have a need to be critical of the plot, actors etc. Like my other 3 TF movies I own on BluRay, I will be watching this a lot more than any of the Avengers, Star Trek, Xmen ones I own........cos I'm a Transformers fan and enjoy them a lot.

Watched it last night in Gold Class with the wife, very enjoyable from the start, and feel sad for ratchet, questions unanswered, prime is invincible, get shots twice in the chest, stab in the chest and still can recovery so quick. boyfriend and girlfriend is so lame, then start go getting bored, wife lost interest, sick of all those fireworks its all over the place, and the guys seat next to me is snoring. Not much of Dinobots action and they are weak as well. Lockdown is great in this. overall its ok its just too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    At the end of the day, I could not give a crap whether the reviews are good or bad. I enjoyed it and that is pretty much all the matters.
    For sure - I will be buying the DVD as well, hopefully there is a couple of extra scenes but I will skip bumblebee dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    For sure - I will be buying the DVD as well, hopefully there is a couple of extra scenes but I will skip bumblebee dancing.
    Bumblebee dancing wasn't even in the movie, very annoying

This was surprisingly watchable. Anything too offensive or idiotic was either not written in or edited out. Lockdown was a strong villain, and Crosshairs showed the beginnings of becoming a future 'big name' in Transformerdom. Clever/a good coincidence that there was a major Lockdown/Ratchet scene at the beginning for anyone familiar with certain other multiversal Lockdowns/Ratchets. I felt nostalgic looking at Prime as a flat-nosed cab. Movie universe Optimus Prime is dark though - I thought it was hilarious that he'd just massacred a bunch of humans at Marky Mark's house and then said he would make an exception to his usual non-human-killing policy by killing Frasier Crane. The lack of Witwickys was an improvement. I couldn't understand why Steve Jobs wanted Galvatron to look like Optimus Prime, and yet chose to call him "Galvatron". I think we can unanimously agree that Galvatron as an individual was a lame villain, although his IDW Scorponok masterplan worked well until the Dinobots came along. Visually, the Hong Kong scenes were beauteous. Compared to watching the previous film, this was an enjoyable three hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    this was an enjoyable three hours.
    Didn't feel like 3 hours. More like 2 hours. But happy with 3 cos I get my moneys worth.