Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decepticon Docking Tower?

Default Decepticon Docking Tower?

Hi all,
    I have decided to build sort of a Decepticon base, based off of the underwater one in the cartoon. I am mainly focusing on the docking tower that comes up to the surface and I was wondering if anyone had a papercraft for such a thing.
    I'm considering using the Nemesis background to be the texture but if a papercraft tower exists already, I would rather use that.
    Thanks for the help, if you can guys.
    This will probably be a long project.

Cheers,
    Bidoofdude.

As one who has used craft paper (when I was younger) to make bases and TF figures, I wish you the best of luck with this project. I made teletraan, the ark ( mixed media) the gobots doggie base, castle grayskull, snake mountain, all out of cartolina paper, but have never ever really thought of making the Decepticon docking tower. This is be an awesome idea for a project Bidoofdude. Im going to be pretty interested in your progress.

As far as I know there is no papercraft or any 3rd party that has attempted to make the tower. Teletraan , yes, but not the decepticon base.

May I suggest you also use some Styrofoam , styrene sheets instead of paper boards ( unless you've got the thick ones) as these would be stronger. Sheet styrene can be bend and shaped as well as glued to make buildings and other models. It is most often used to scratchbuild railroad model buildings and rolling stock, but has many other uses as well.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thanks Liege. I'll consider it.

Cool idea Bidoof, but it'll definately take some patience and effort. What scale are you going for? Classics I assume?

I would like to see a 3rd party attempt the war room of the Nemesis in the same way that iGear did Teletraan.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Cool idea Bidoof, but it'll definately take some patience and effort. What scale are you going for? Classics I assume?

I would like to see a 3rd party attempt the war room of the Nemesis in the same way that iGear did Teletraan.
    I would like to go scale with classics but that is quite difficult so I'll make it quite a bit smaller, to add a bit of depth as well.

This is a fantastic idea and I wish you all the best!

I found this site which may be helpful for you: http://cardboardmodeling.com/

sounds like an epic undertaking, perhaps you could scale with classics legends sizes..
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Yeah, it'll probably be legends scaled, but used with deluxes.
    I think it will add more depth. Thanks for the tips as well guys.

Sam, that site is awe-some. Thanks for the link. Thinking of making a diorama :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Sam, that site is awe-some. Thanks for the link. Thinking of making a diorama :-)
    No worries, share pictures of your diorama with us!