Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Class METROPLEX

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The toys themselves have a Happy Meal level of engineering. The Legends Class figures are a gazillion times superior at a fraction of the price! (plus it comes with Overload!)
    I actually only found out about those ones this year. I can't believe I never saw them in store.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I actually only found out about those ones this year. I can't believe I never saw them in store.
    They did shelfwarm for quite a long time, despite their awesomeness. I suspect that the problem may have been that Hasbro took too long to release them, i.e. by time they came out, the ROTF hype had fizzled down. They had a TRU exclusive all green repaint of this set too, that also shelf warmed.

They did shelfwarm for quite a long time, despite their awesomeness. I suspect that the problem may have been that Hasbro took too long to release them, i.e. by time they came out, the ROTF hype had fizzled down. They had a TRU exclusive all green repaint of this set too, that also shelf warmed.
    I went Devastator crazy and bought all 3 versions. Great engineering for such small figures

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I went Devastator crazy and bought all 3 versions. Great engineering for such small figures
    Gah sucks, I'll get around to getting one, one day

Well of course it shelf warmed, wasn't the 'G1' repaint, like, $70? Hate you so much Toys R Us pricing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    Well of course it shelf warmed, wasn't the 'G1' repaint, like, $70? Hate you so much Toys R Us pricing people.
    The plus side though is that they eventually did mark them down for clearance, at least they did at my local store, got two of them for $30 each which I considered a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    The plus side though is that they eventually did mark them down for clearance, at least they did at my local store, got two of them for $30 each which I considered a good buy.
    Ah damn that's not fair! The only TRU I get to regularly are Highpoint and occasionally Northland. Both of them seem to magically run out of stock after months and months and months of gathering dust, just because I decide 'stuff it I'll pay the full price'. I'm sure Universe Predacon and Stormcloud (or Dreadwing--one of the Ultras) sat on the shelves for about 15 months, no clearances, no sales. Nothing. Just a thick layer of dust. Until I wanted them.

Ah damn that's not fair! The only TRU I get to regularly are Highpoint and occasionally Northland. Both of them seem to magically run out of stock after months and months and months of gathering dust, just because I decide 'stuff it I'll pay the full price'. I'm sure Universe Predacon and Stormcloud (or Dreadwing--one of the Ultras) sat on the shelves for about 15 months, no clearances, no sales. Nothing. Just a thick layer of dust. Until I wanted them.
    Always the way man, always.

tru dat.

It's still about 6 months away, but the teaser images for Metroplex are now being released... showing off how tall it will be compared to the just-released Fortress Maximus.

Metroplex may be taller, but he won't be the biggest... by sheer volume and weight, I think that title will stay with Fort Max.