Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

I'd be a happy fanboy with anything from the first two years as MP toys for the next few years.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'd be a happy fanboy with anything from the first two years as MP toys for the next few years.
    They were considering power masters Optimus ,
    The latest two mps is a bit scrary, I am thinking if they can't go any further with g1 cars.

On this topic, I would have expected the diaclone bluestreak to be releAsed. I am surprised this hasn't happened.

Pretty much this - will be happy with whatever they decide to release!

The cars are going nicely though, and so it'd be nice to complete them all - but the order they come out doesn't really matter - though my preference would be for Tracks (blue will give some nice colour variety) and Jazz (another white one but finally getting a proper Porsche will be awesome).

I'd like to see some triple changers because they'd need some unique engineering, but a new Megatron and finally a Galvatron are the biggest gaps i think, so they should come first.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Kind of disappointing that only seekers and soundwave with a weird exhaust made it to the dark side.
    Don't forget Megatron and the cassettes. To TakTOM's credit, all of the 1984 Decepticons have now been done as MPs. That's why I'd personally like to see the rest of the '84 Autobots done as MPs, just to complete the set of first year Transformers in MP form.

Having said that, "first year" from a Japanese POV is actually 1985; so if they were to aim to achieve realising all the Year 1 toys as MPs, from their market's POV anything from 1985 is fair game (w/ the possible exception of figures which were never released in Japan or appeared in the G1 cartoon, thus would be relatively unknown to the JP market, e.g. Deluxe Insecticons etc.).

But honestly, I'm happy with seeing any of the early (1984-86) G1 characters being done as MPs. I also wouldn't mind seeing Japanese exclusive G1 characters being done as MPs (or Classicsverse) because it allows me the opportunity to own these characters, since I have no inclination to pay exhorbitant after-market prices for the original G1s. The only way I collect Japanese G1 toys is if...
    * I can find the G1 toy for a cheap price (which has actually happened to me twice )
    * The toy is reissued
    * A modern version of that character is made, e.g. Classicsverse or MP
    That's why I'm looking forward to MP Star Sabre; it'd be a much cheaper and probably far superior toy to the G1 figure (which I've never been a fan of; IMO Star Sabre's a pretty poor figure, even by '89 standards ('88's Ginrai/PM Optimus Prime is a much better toy IMHO)).

I was wondering if they may do a G2 or tank Megatron because of various gun laws and because there aren't many Decepticon options.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I was wondering if they may do a G2 or tank Megatron because of various gun laws and because there aren't many Decepticon options.
    Foreign gun laws aren't an issue for TakaraTOMY, since it's not legally restricted in Japan.

G2 tank Megatron would be a possibility if enough people voted or nominated it, and indeed, it used to be one of the online poll options a few years back, but has since been removed. I guess not enough people clicked on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Foreign gun laws aren't an issue for TakaraTOMY, since it's not legally restricted in Japan.

G2 tank Megatron would be a possibility if enough people voted or nominated it, and indeed, it used to be one of the online poll options a few years back, but has since been removed. I guess not enough people clicked on it.
    Legality within Japan or HK is not the issue.
    If their numbers people work out that they could sell 200,000 units of a Tank Megatron Masterpiece mould (domestically and globally through their customers, and later by Hasbro using the mould), compared to a maximum 10,000 units of a new Gun Megatron Masterpiece that has limited markets it can be easily imported/sold in (TakaraTomy's customers will only buy enough to sell domestically, and Hasbro won't be using the mould later).... which mould do you think they would spend their money creating?

I'd be a happy fanboy with anything from the first as MP toys for the next few years.
    Wasn't there an interview with Shogo Hasui where he said he was working towards completing the first season MP Transformers? I think licensing is what stands in the way more than anything.

Here it is, near the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    To TakTOM's credit, all of the 1984 Decepticons have now been done as MPs. That's why I'd personally like to see the rest of the '84 Autobots done as MPs, just to complete the set of first year Transformers in MP form.
    Were Shockwave and Reflector 1984/5 bots to Takara? Devestator?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

IIRC Takara's online poll did feature an option for G2 Megatron as early as MP03 Starscream, but since then that option's disappeared. So I can only guess that there wasn't sufficient interest, but it does show that Takara was considering it at one stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Were Shockwave and Reflector 1984/5 bots to Takara? Devestator?
    Yes, they were all 1985 first year figures in Japan. Japan did get Reflector in 1985 as a regular store-release set, whereas of course we didn't get them until 1986 as a mail-away exclusive.

I guess then that we are all most in agreement that we want the first year autobot Ark crew - any one who hasn't been done yet

and as well as the 1st year Nemesis crew (those who aren't done yet) and then some of the 2nd year's batch - triple changers, coneheads, insecticons just to add more bulk to the decepticon ranks and even things out.

meanwhile Ive run out of space for MPs..... hmmmm might have to pack up the Bayverse TFs ... again
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]