Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: July Acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Purry has a tech spec... here!
    I've just noticed your current want list...

I found Transformers :MTMTE Guide Book volume 2 today

I'll post a pic later - me lazy

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I've just noticed your current want list...
    Is it bad that I actually have all those figures except 1?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Ozformers mascot...

Paulbot should give Purry a techspec...
    Good idea Kyle!

Quote Originally Posted by dirge
    My current want list: Slicks, Cop-Tur, Dive-Dive, Geeper-Creeper, Vamp, Tux, Mr. Moto
    I used to have Geeper-Creeper & Dive-Dive. Swapped 'em years back (like 1992) for Starscream. I still have that Starscream too (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

From my price-matching endeavours yesterday for our fellow board members Pansy and Powdered Sunflower :

'Twas the hardest attempt I'd had to date w/ price-matching. I tried first Greensborough which had no shortage of the Voyagers. Relying on the receipt from last Wednesday, the BigW phone number, I'd figured I'd easily pull it off. I approached the young service counter chick at the service desk and she was about to put it thru when her senior walked up and asked what's all this about? She explained and then the senior turned to me, and told me that I had to present the catalogue. I told her that I had BigW's phone number, she could call them to confirm the sale was still going on. She then said that the onus of proof was on me to prove it. I said that since she'd have to call BigW anyway to ask if the item was in stock, why didn't she do that and ask if the sale was in fact going on. She just smugly said, not my problem. No catalogue, no price match. As you can imagine, I was very agitated at that stage but kept my composure. The younger chick went into bat for me too, saying that it's just a phone call but her senior glared at her and she went quiet as a mouse. I said to her, look at the receipt; another K-Mart store less than 5 days ago, had price-matched for me. I asked her nicely if she could contact that K-Mart. She said she couldn't do that. I asked why? And she said that's just their policy. She then said something about if BigW's so great, why don't you go out there and get it? The service counter chick and I exchanged glances and she said apologised to me that she couldn't do it anymore and offered to put it on hold w/out layby. (not that it mattered btw since it'd mean driving back when instead I could try another K-Mart). It was her rude and abrasive manner that really irritated me. The other chick clearly saw no problem and inconvenience and could see her senior was just being a self-important gnat for the sake of it. It was my first knockback price-matching and my failure stirred me forward, making it almost a personal vendetta even though the toys I was hunting weren't for me. I was determined to see it through.

Arriving at the new Westfield in Mill Park/South Morang, I equipped myself with a catalogue and regathered my composure so as to not come across as aggressive. Whenever I price-match, I always do it with a smile and an unassuming manner. In this case, I grabbed both a movie Voyager (Starscream above), two Scouts, and then the 3 Animated Voyagers. The rationale was that the movie Voyager would match the one in the catalogue and then I could point to the "Assorted Styles" to say that the Animated Voyagers fitted that mold. The two Scouts were detractors to prevent it from appearing I was there to just purely price-match. The ladies here were extremely helpful and friendly. It certainly helped that I was courteous. The first checkout chick and I had a good 7 min casual conversation despite the fact that the line was queuing up while her boss tried to figure out the price to enter. I actually said to her, I really shld move aside so you can serve the counters. She just said all she had to do was smile and they could wait and we continued chatting though I did at times turn to people in the queue behind me to courteously inform them I was taking awhile. The manager then apologised to me for making me wait. She then personally put through the prices in (she was smart tho, she realised there was an extra 20% I'd be getting if they just entered the price of $23 odd) and processed it She even referred to me as "Mr. [STL's last name]" and thanked me numerous times for my patience. We joked about some Gobstoppers I was buying and how trips to the dentist can be a horrible experience. I said bye to her and the other checkout chick and left.

The two experiences were just so overwhelmingly different. I had a nice sense of satisfaction of being able to price-match.

Anyways, my debrief as well as experience just in case anyone else intends to try.

Oh, and look out for my column later this week.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    any chance you will part with bristleback?????

mine succumbed to gold plastic syndrome... and when the main part of your collection is combiners it's sad for poor little Monstructor
    not a chance pal, i got him to complete Monstructor as well, and he looked even sadder with only one arm.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

STL, I think I may have figured you out...

You don't talk to these checkout chicks in order to save a few bucks, You talk to them because you like to flirt with them...

It's only when you encounter a 60 year old...

STL, more than meets the eye~
    STL, flirter in disguise~

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post

It's only when you encounter a 60 year old...

...that I have to step in. I'm not into age discrimination.