Page 43 of 168 FirstFirst ... 233338394041424344454647485363 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    With great thanks to Shirokaze: FansProject - Quake (Shockwave)...
    I know it's just the sculpt, but I found this funny because Code looks really unimpressed by mini-quake's alt mode.
    Thanks for sharing the pics Hursti, he looks like a neat little figure.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    So what's he like? I haven't even bothered to open mine yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Quake is a fun little freebie. Fits in Collossus' grip.
    What CBraton has mentioned is dead-right & Quake was literally designed for FP's Colossus (In Alt mode anyway, I just couldn't be buggered to un-bury him from my shelf to take pics ) and whilst he makes for a spot-on little Shockwave with pretty decent poseability , his Alt mode is indeed a gun... if you squint slightly that is , as a gun it's not amazing by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I know it's just the sculpt, but I found this funny because Code looks really unimpressed by mini-quake's alt mode.
    Thanks for sharing the pics Hursti, he looks like a neat little figure.
    Cheers mate, yeah he sort of gives off that impression huh?

I like him in Bot mode mostly; I'm not sure if this is a wide-spread issue though, but his little head/neck's ball-joint is really quite loose and I think I'll have to use some super-glue or something in order to thicken up the ball and reduce its "Free play".

Besides that little niggle (...and the "Meh" Alt mode), he's quite a cool little figure and if one can find him for $15-$20 I'd say he's worth it.

picked up fansproject protector clear version + clear rodimus for a tidy price, making this my first foray into the third party transformer avenue and i must say i'm very impressed!!
    very nice figure will certainly be looking into a few more fansproject items

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    picked up fansproject protector clear version + clear rodimus for a tidy price, making this my first foray into the third party transformer avenue and i must say i'm very impressed!!
    very nice figure will certainly be looking into a few more fansproject items
    What is the quality of the translucent plastic?

I missed out on the original Protector set, and can only seem to find the clear versions at reasonable prices.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

its not to bad to be honest i was pretty impressed , the legs are a little bit looser than i expected but its not a real issue plastic quality is pretty comparable to the clear plastic on rodimus

got t-bone and downforce today!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    What is the quality of the translucent plastic?

I missed out on the original Protector set, and can only seem to find the clear versions at reasonable prices.
    What's reasonable?? I got my Protector for $90 on eBay, had waited patiently for one to come up for around 5 weeks before I won this one. It's not MISB, but it's near mint enough.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

I know it's been out for a while now but a few weeks ago I received Genesis Planet X (taking advantage of Robotkingdom's restock of the item) and am mighty impressed with him. Huge figure, effectively a triple changer. Although I had to take his foot apart after I got him out of the box because one of his toes was upside down .

Anyway a very nice figure that goes well with both the WfC/FoC and Generations/Classics lines. Highly recommended.

Default iGear Cogz, Duneraker, Veer & Bushwhacker

Got these guys in the mail today - love the names iGear comes up with! Don't ask me what's with the psychedelic colors and 'Funky!' on Beachcomber... must be some hippy thing

Have opened Cogz tonight and overall quite happy with the little guy, the first impression of which is that he's not so little... easily the same size as Hench but made of tougher/stiffer plastic, and weighs more. Joints are very tight. The red is not as saturated as I have seen in some photos, which is a positive I think.

Only problem is that he had two right feet assembled in him. Opened up the left leg and tried swapping it around, but only managed to confirmed that it is indeed a right foot there. Am contacting both RK and iGear about this - would be interested if anyone has had to do this before??

Will post more thoughts and reviews in my thread when I get to them.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Igear not Outback and Gears just arrived today. :-)