View Poll Results: Operation Bumblebee (Part 2) - what do you think?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • First Edition First Class

3 42.86%
  • Powerizer Pretty Good

1 14.29%
  • Revealer Run-of-the-Mill

1 14.29%
  • Commander Class Cheap-o

1 14.29%
  • Legion Lame-o

1 14.29%

Thread: Episode Review: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 5: Operation Bumblebee (Part 2)

Default Episode Review: Transformers Prime Season 2 Episode 5: Operation Bumblebee (Part 2)

M
    I
    N
    O
    R

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

This episode deserves props for the Ratchet's lines, "What? Do I hear a Fuzor in need of voicebox repair?... I am able! Just ask Bantor! He was all mandrill before I put a tiger in his tank." That woke me up from my Prime-induced ennui, but other than that, plus one amusing line from Knock Out, one from Agent Fowler and a bit of a 'twist' towards the end for Starscream, this was nothing special. Some decent editing would have turned this slow two-parter into one good single episode.

Yeh that pretty much summs it up I think.

Seriously though, did Starscream really trust MECH? Sheesh, what a chump! At least MECH are proving to be a concern.

I was more excited about the next episode.

Did I spy Dirge colours there??

I think I did...

Starscream was painful to watch in this episode...Not DotM Starscream painful but getting there. Come on writers, he has some pride you know. I did enjoy seeing the null rays though, although why he aimed one at the T-Cog is anyone's guess. Stunning bio-mech destroys bio-mech? Nit-picking now I know but come on!

Okay episode overall, I did enjoy the scenes with Ratchet and hopefully he doesn't feel so guilty about Bee's voice box now.

Also...Bit strange this but there were a number of hand close ups which I enjoyed...I love how the hands are designed in Prime.

If not for Ratchet I couldn't really have cared less for these past two episodes.

We all knew Bumblebee would be fine one way or another, he is too central to not be able to transform. Having Ratchet being unable to transform would have been a decent twist, but now that Screamer is an un-transformer with no weapons, it shouldn't be long before he comes crying back to the Autobots.

MECH are getting to be pretty good at taking down the Tf's, but I do wonder why they only take one item and dont take them apart for more research...

I'm also hoping that Bumblebee has issues transforming for the rest of the season. His Tcog was really banged up and after all the hoopla about them being impossible to fix, it was dull that it was fixed so easily come the end of the episode.

Also lame that the two cool weapons that the Cons got their hands on are already nullified, the shield generator crushed and the hammer useless. Why bother even introducing them as background items then? (Sure we will see more of the forge)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    We all knew Bumblebee would be fine one way or another, he is too central to not be able to transform. Having Ratchet being unable to transform would have been a decent twist, but now that Screamer is an un-transformer with no weapons, it shouldn't be long before he comes crying back to the Autobots.
    I think Starscream losing his T-Cog (oh Primus... now I'm calling it that) is a gooderer twist than Ratchet... cos as Ratchet admitted, he hardly ever uses his alt mode. Which is stupid... I wish the writers would get him to use his alt mode more instead of just being stuck at the base all the time like G1 Wheelie should have been!

MECH are getting to be pretty good at taking down the Tf's, but I do wonder why they only take one item and dont take them apart for more research...
    I guess after what happened with Breakdown they got too scared?

Speaking of Breakdown, he's walking around with an eyepatch on like a pirate - so does that mean TF optics are mecha-organs that can't be replaced by spares? Cos apparently entire arms can be replaced - as seen when Starscream lost his arm and Knockout offered a replacement. I can understand that a T-Cog must be a incredibly complex organ that allows the Transformers to defy the laws of physics and scan alt modes and transform. Fine... but optics?? Humans are currently developing the bionic eye, and human tech is positively primitive compared to Cybertronian technology which can open freakin' space bridges! So... apparently Cybertronians can safely open a wormhole in a cave, but they can't build a bionic eye for Breakdown?? (o_O)

I'm also hoping that Bumblebee has issues transforming for the rest of the season. His Tcog was really banged up and after all the hoopla about them being impossible to fix, it was dull that it was fixed so easily come the end of the episode.
    I totally agree. Imagine if he got stuck in mid transformation from time to time.

Also lame that the two cool weapons that the Cons got their hands on are already nullified, the shield generator crushed and the hammer useless. Why bother even introducing them as background items then? (Sure we will see more of the forge)
    I find it odd that the Iaconians happened to just 'scatter' all their prized weapons and relics on one planet?? Kinda putting all your eyes in one basket. And it was a planet that has resources like fuel supplies, energon deposits and was even the battleground for ancient Cybertronian battles (as seen with all those zombies Megatron ressurected and Skyquake). Wouldn't it make more sense to bury them in some desolate uninhabited completely inhospitable backwater world or moon? Or heck, if any of those things are indestructible, in a sun?? So convenient that EVERYTHING is happening on Earth... there are armies of dead Cybertronians, Energon deposits, Skyquake, Dark Energon deposits, Unicron, Cybertronian weapons caches, ancient Cybertronian artifacts... (o_O)