Thread: custom classics Metalhawk

Default custom classics Metalhawk

This was made using a Cyclonus torso with a KO Starscream's legs. I wanted Metalhawk to look slightly futuristic but still recognisably a jet.

There is a bit of a gap between the legs and jet body in alt mode, kind of like animated Blitzwing. The head also doesnt fit seamlessly but I can live with that.

The head is a G1 Twin Twist, with the ear antenna made from left over bits from robot heroes Kickback and Tankor.

I first tried adapting a Bumblebee head but it didn't do anything for me. The head on the KO Starscream I took the legs from was badly molded so I couldnt use that.

The use of the tailfins as hand weapons was taken from PrimulArchangel's excellent custom.

Pictures!

Scene from IDW's Robots in Disguise

The Bumblebee head version
    Last edited by snaketales; 8th February 2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: wrong jumpstarter

Incredible work Snakey, was it hard mating the Seeker mold bottom end to Cyclonus' top end?
    Already looks far better than Funpub's attempt IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Incredible work Snakey, was it hard mating the Seeker mold bottom end to Cyclonus' top end?
    Thanks Hursti.... it was just a case of popping the legs off and swapping them over.

That works really well! What Botcon should have been (Cyclonus mold with inner bot colors and new head).

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Thanks Hursti.... it was just a case of popping the legs off and swapping them over.
    Wow, really!?!
    I'm quite surprised that both figure's ball and socket joints are of the same dimensions - what luck!

Awesome job!
    Yet another idea so cool I might adapt for my shelf. (:

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

i like it!
    really nice to know (and see) that the seeker legs still peg together after the swap-out and the ball & sockets are compatible. thanks for the tip. i'm stoked on this find!