Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Power - Sega

Motorcycle is one i haven't seen pop up i'm afraid
    It was one of my favourites even though it took some real skill just to get it to go 50cm without skidding over!
    Works best on vinyl floors!

Hoohoo baby, the first of my recent splurges on Pocket Powers has arrived, and it's none other than the outlawed in some countries and extremely rare, RAPID FIRE MACHINE GUN!

Haven't tried it out yet but it's in good nick, pictures and impressions once i've popped a cap in my wife's ass later on!

As promised!

Front inspection

Back inspection

Loading the chamber!

Preparing the stock

Little bit of target practice...

War!

In summary, pure Awesome!
    I can't believe i managed to get one with all the bullets...
    Already i've had to move my couch to find the little buggers!
    They fire about 7 metres from a standing still position!

haha your wife is about to cop it, that photo is golden. She looks so happy just cruising down the hall too...

The glorious return of Pocket Power continues!
    I just took receipt of 2 packages containing a total of 7 Pocket Power toys!!
    Pics later tonight of:
    Helicopter
    Indy Racer
    UFO
    Turbo Prop
    Top Fueler
    Baseball
    and still on card (can't see it staying that way for long!), G.I. Supply!!
    Stay tuned!

The mother load!

Baseball
    This one appears to be missing 3 little pegs that a) store in a compartment on the back, and b) mark the runners in a game. The ball is moved to the pitcher with the switch to the right, using a magnet beneath the pitch. You swing with the little lever front left, and can keep the score using the dial on the left.

Indy Racer
    A spring loaded car and some barrels that can outline a track or be obstacles to bowl through! The case has a swing out piece that angles up for launches!

Thunder Blade
    The basic rip-cord helicopter! Pull the cord and it flies off. This one works a treat!

Turbo Prop
    Another rip-cord flying one, this one is my favourite design, but doesn't grip so well on the launching point, so it doesn't fly off so cleanly.

UFO
    The final rip-cord flyer, this one seems to fly the best!

Top Fueler
    Rip-cord powered again, you hold this in your hand before dropping it onto the floor and watching it scoot away.

G.I. Supply
    This is an Italian version, and has a card-back i haven't seen before! Seems they only released some of the line over there. It doubles as a firing turret that can raise up & down (with grenade!), and a pen, eraser, sharpener and ruler/stencil set!

Of the ones i've got now, the 2 guns and baseball are all new - the others i had as a child. The hunt for the remaining childhood ones gets more difficult with each acquisition - but i wont give up!

Recently received a new Pocket Power!
    This one i used to have as a kid.. the glorious SURVIVAL KIT!
    A Compass, Magni/blurrifier, Morse Code Signaller and Sighter, Level (turns out our house is crooked!), Whistle and Ruler all in one!!!

Last week picked up my personal favourite, the Trick Squirt water gun! Will post pics later!

But, i'm excited today because i just nabbed the elusive Motorcycle from Ebay!!

That leaves me with 2 childhood ones remaining: Hovercraft and Speed Boat. The damn Hovercraft is on Ebay right now but missing a piece i'll never find anywhere else
    And of the known Series 1/2 releases, only 3 more, Top Fight, Glo-Bones & Target Master.
    Series 3 (which isn't really well known what it consisted of) remains a long lost mystery.

I had Thunderblade! I totally forgot about these! I had a car one too but I've forgotten what it looks like.

Car wise there is just the Indy Racer and Dragster above.
    Series 3 apparantly had a red car of some sort as seen here... but nowhere else! So it's a mystery, i wonder if you had that one!!

Here's a pic of the Trick Squirt before i opened it up after 20+ years of sealage!