View Poll Results: RtS Solar Storm Grappel - worth buying?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 76.19%
  • Only if cheap

3 14.29%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • Not interested

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - RtS Solar Storm Grappel

Default Toy Review - RtS Solar Storm Grappel

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Toy Review - Solar Storm Grappel

Series - Reveal the Shield
    Sub-line - n/a
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - Remould
    Wave - 1
    Released here - not at this time (released globally Nov 2010)
    Approximate Retail Price - $45-50
    Approximate Size - 20cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Crane truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Extending crane
    Main Colours - Orange, grey, black
    Main Accessories - none

No idea why they spelled it 'Grappel', as a prefix (in this case, Solar Storm) should allow them to use names they otherwise wouldn't be able to on their own.

hmmm guess they couldn't use the plain Grapple name legally ei? Still Id get this figure...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Huh?! Why did they have to call it "Solar Storm Grappel"??? I thought the mispelling of Grapple was already done to get around the legality, so why tack "Solar Storm" on the front of it? If they're going to tack a word (or two) in front of the name, then why couldn't they have spelt the name correctly? Also, when Hasbro reissued Grapple, they got away with calling him "Autobot Grapple". Gah... sometimes I just don't get Hasbro Legal. ???

I wasn't a fan of this mold, but grabbed him anyway...he's just like Universe Inferno except he has a crane attached to his right forearm.... 'nuff said.

The forearms, hands and head look different from Inferno's though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The forearms, hands and head look different from Inferno's though.
    Correct - also his feet are different too so it's a retooling of Inferno, but the transformation remains pretty much the same.

As I said, I wasn't a fan of Inferno and this mold, so I haven't seen fit to open him up since he's packaged in his bot mode anyway (and that's how I display all my figs).

Hasn't arrived yet but I decided to go with the United version of this toy (only $10 more after shipping) for its cartoon accuracy. Also thinking the yellowy orange head will better differentiate his mold from Inferno's. Looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Huh?! Why did they have to call it "Solar Storm Grappel"??? I thought the mispelling of Grapple was already done to get around the legality, so why tack "Solar Storm" on the front of it? If they're going to tack a word (or two) in front of the name, then why couldn't they have spelt the name correctly? Also, when Hasbro reissued Grapple, they got away with calling him "Autobot Grapple". Gah... sometimes I just don't get Hasbro Legal. ???
    Problem is they can't call him "Autobot" Grappel because it's Reveal the Shield, Hasbro has deliberately altered the names, which apparently they hope
    will make it impossible for us to tell their allegaince without rubbing their chest! Hence Turbo Tracks, Black Ops Jazz etc.

Solar Storm Grappel sounds strange but too be honest the only significant thing I remember Grappel doing was building his solar tower in the cartoon, so it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonecrusher View Post
    Problem is they can't call him "Autobot" Grappel because it's Reveal the Shield, Hasbro has deliberately altered the names, which apparently they hope
    will make it impossible for us to tell their allegaince without rubbing their chest! Hence Turbo Tracks, Black Ops Jazz etc.

Solar Storm Grappel sounds strange but too be honest the only significant thing I remember Grappel doing was building his solar tower in the cartoon, so it fits.
    So why couldn't they call it "Solar Storm Grapple"? Yesterday at the Parra Fair I was talking to people about Grappel and said Grappel quite a few times -- someone (I think it was liegeprime) remarked that it sounded like I was trying to "Frenchify" Grapple's name.

*sigh* I really want to get this toy (just can't find it anywhere!) but it's gonna be strange calling it "Grap-Pell" all the time. (just as well I'm getting practice in now )

"Fetchez le Grappel."
    "Quoi?"
    "Fetchez le Grappel!!"
    "Oh!"
    "If you do not agree to my commands, then I shall...

*TWONG*
    (Mmooooooo!)

I would have though it has to be spelt 'Grappelle' before you'd pronounce it 'Grap-ehl'.

As it stands 'Grappel' is still pronounced 'Grap-uhl', c'est non?