6 40.00%
  • 2 - Ok

4 26.67%
  • 1 - Crap

3 20.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode Review - 109 Transformers Prime - Convoy

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    That's because Clancy Brown did Luthor's voice in Superman and JLU. He's also Mr. Krabs in Spongebob.
    aaaaaaaahh knew it sounds familiar.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I liked this episode. We saw Autobots operating in vehicle mode again (previous 2 eps had not enough transforming) and the Decepticons were back, though as secondary villains -- and it introduced relatively more "credible" human villains... I prefer them a lot more than the S.U.V. And they're more organised than any other group of human villains the Transformers have faced other than COBRA.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I liked this episode. We saw Autobots operating in vehicle mode again (previous 2 eps had not enough transforming) and the Decepticons were back, though as secondary villains -- and it introduced relatively more "credible" human villains... I prefer them a lot more than the S.U.V. And they're more organised than any other group of human villains the Transformers have faced other than COBRA.
    hmmm come to think of it COBRA wouldve been a nice cameo villain here.... but then a new upstart villains group is always welcome.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I think I would have liked them more if they were called the Machination however...

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hmmm come to think of it COBRA wouldve been a nice cameo villain here.... but then a new upstart villains group is always welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I think I would have liked them more if they were called the Machination however...
    They might not be able to use the Machination as the rights to those characters may belong to IDW (just as G1 super-human villain Circuit Breaker belongs to Marvel). They could use COBRA since Hasbro owns the rights to that, but then you'd also have to bring in G.I. Joe (or somehow explain their absence).

Cobra Commander did appear once in the G1 cartoon, but of course, this was in the relative future where COBRA has presumably been long disbanded and G.I. Joe are no longer around -- possibly reorganised into the Earth Defence Command. We know that EDC officer Marissa Fairborn is the daughter of G.I. Joe's Dashiell R. Fairborn (aka Flint) and Allison Hart-Burnett (aka Lady Jaye). GI Joe and COBRA had a few encounters with the Transformers in the Marvel Comics.

But I'm not sure if Hasbro's willing to tie G.I. Joe in with Transformers at such a level... in any case, MECHA appear to be a very well organised paramilitary force which, IMO, makes them an interesting and formidable (and actually credible) foe for the Autobots. What appears to make them even more deadly aside from their use of advanced technology, is their use of strategy. They're clearly not idiots who'll keep fighting the Autobots no matter what -- in the end Silas ordered a tactical retreat and attempted Scorched Earth. While the Autobots may be physically stronger and more technologically advanced than MECHA, it's possible that Silas may be a better tactician and, as he eloquently pointed out, they have home-ground advantage (whereas the Autobots are stuck in a cave for the most part).

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    That's because Clancy Brown did Luthor's voice in Superman and JLU. He's also Mr. Krabs in Spongebob.
    there can be only one....

it was a dull episode... one episode the drones are easy to dispatch and in another they are a challenge

why didnt anyone take a shot at taking down the chopper either... i am sure fowler would carry a weapon....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    and it introduced relatively more "credible" human villains... I prefer them a lot more than the S.U.V.
    While I didn't really like this episode (seems to be turning into a show about nothing), I completely agree with your comment which is why I think that season 3 of Animated was the best season by far. Hopefully we don't have to wait that long with Prime to get a decent show.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    While I didn't really like this episode (seems to be turning into a show about nothing)
    So...

Prime = Jerry
    Ratchet = George
    Arcee = Elaine
    Kramer = Bumblebee
    Bulkhead = Newman

Starts with a stand up comedy routine:

Prime: "You know how they constantly put annoying kids on cartoon shows? What's up with that? Nobody likes them yet they keep putting them in! The audience certainly don't like them, hell not even their parents like them since they don't seem to give a damn that their kids are out of the house for days at a time hanging around with alien robots!

*Episode opens*

NO ENERGON FOR YOU!!

...Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    why didnt anyone take a shot at taking down the chopper either... i am sure fowler would carry a weapon....
    Prime probably has a thing against hurting humans, no matter how much of a threat they are.

I enjoyed this episode, I thought it was good that there was so much vehicle action. The fact that Autobots remained transfrormed when they could have eaily taken them all out in robot mode makes the whole disguise concept better imo.

Fowler seems to have some incredible power. Taking the 'DINGUS' (man I lol-ed at that!) by himself it would seem, in an experimental fighter jet of all things, yet Prime needed a trailer to carry it in. The govt thought this would be safe??

kids seemed uselss in this ep. Would've been better if they had just stayed at the base. I mean what did they think they could do against armed militia? Aside from die. That would have been good though!

Enjoyable and slightly different ep. Starscream really needs to step up.