Page 19 of 163 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: The Figma toy thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I quite like the shoes on the Bakemongatari one.

Yes, I don't believe I just said that either...

Is she a youkai of some sort? If not, I can skip her happily!
    her arm is/was possessed by rainy devil. which makes it looks like a big hairy monkey arm.

a thought just occured to me - people who collect figma should watch more anime
    it would feel weird to collect transformers and not have read/watch any of it - otherwise the toy is just a pretty piece of plastic that has no background :/

and wow i just can't keep up with the figma line, they make way too many to fit in any budget i have.

so at the moment im waiting on kos-mos to arrive and then hoping they do another run of the BRS characters.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    her arm is/was possessed by rainy devil. which makes it looks like a big hairy monkey arm.

it would feel weird to collect transformers and not have read/watch any of it - otherwise the toy is just a pretty piece of plastic that has no background :/

and wow i just can't keep up with the figma line, they make way too many to fit in any budget i have.

so at the moment im waiting on kos-mos to arrive and then hoping they do another run of the BRS characters.
    Waiting for the anime is sometimes a bad thing. BRS was out before the anime I think. Personally I get them more for the aesthetics than than anything else. Plus there is too much anime and I can't be bothered/don't are enough/don't have the time to watch it all.

Case in point, I recived a Shin Mazinger Z Hen because the robot looks cool and he turns into a massive rocket punch. So I thought I would watch the anime to get to know the character more. Problem is the robot is cool, but the anime is boring. So 4 eps in I think I will stop, as I just don't want to watch it. But I still like my Mazinger fist-bot!

Likewise with Ryoumou Shimei (?) from Ikki tousen, she fits in well with my violent maids collection, but I don't give a rat's arse about the anime. I think I watched an episode of Xtreme Xecutor, but it didn't compell me to elarn more about the characters.

Plus there are heaps of Transformers that don't feature in comics/cartoons and I have them, as I suspect many others do too.

Phew! That was a bit more than I thought would be

So to summarise, background isn't so important, because we all like pretty pieces of plastic regardless. Although it does make a crappy piece of plastic better.
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 20th May 2011 at 01:54 PM.

I quite like the shoes on the Bakemongatari one.

Yes, I don't believe I just said that either...

Is she a youkai of some sort? If not, I can skip her happily!
    Yes Monkey Paw and it can take over her body so yes she is part Youkai.......and she plays basketball and thats the reason for the nice shoes

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Case in point, I recived a Shin Mazinger Z Hen because the robot looks cool and he turns into a massive rocket punch. So I thought I would watch the anime to get to know the character more. Problem is the robot is cool, but the anime is boring. So 4 eps in I think I will stop, as I just don't want to watch it. But I still like my Mazinger fist-bot!

Likewise with Ryoumou Shimei (?) from Ikki tousen, she fits in well with my violent maids collection, but I don't give a rat's arse about the anime. I think I watched an episode of Xtreme Xecutor, but it didn't compell me to elarn more about the characters.
    i havent watched mazinger and yeah i guess those really old shows would be quite boring.

i liked the original ikki tousen but havent bothered to watch the other series which were most likely just made to cash in.

i really like bakemonogatari and Senjogahara is pure win of a character.

just looking at the new figma from love plus and my thought is - 'i havent played that game so meh'

Hrmmm wasnt it you that made comments about Strike Witches

Anyway I only started collecting the Figma line because of the anime I was watching in 2008 which was Suzumiya Haruhi, Lucky Star and Ikki Tousen.

And with the Figma line coming out, its lucky that I was able to get most of these cheap and get in early before they started to disappear or being expensive.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Hrmmm wasnt it you that made comments about Strike Witches

Anyway I only started collecting the Figma line because of the anime I was watching in 2008 which was Suzumiya Haruhi, Lucky Star and Ikki Tousen.

And with the Figma line coming out, its lucky that I was able to get most of these cheap and get in early before they started to disappear or being expensive.
    yeah it was me, i've read about strike witches and seen episode recaps but i have no interest in actually watching the anime or collecting the strike witches figmas.

so far i've only bought 3 figmas - lelouch, kanu and kos-mos.

code geass is one of my favourite animes, just a little pissed suzaku wasnt a normal release and is so damn expensive to acquire. ikki tousen is decent fighting fluff anime and kos-mos is just too awesome with all her weapons.

i really dont like the figma line - they make to many characters too quickly and they get expensive really quickly ;-;

to make matters worse, if i actually collected figma seriously, i'd have to buy all those accessories like bikes, backgrounds and those limited xmas clothes/accessories.

its pure evil.

im sticking with revoltech

im sticking with revoltech
    And your complaining about the Figma line releasing stuff

Valkyrie's SDF:

There's no way I would be completest regarding Figma... Billy, Michael and Karmen are of no interest to me.

HLJ currently have a sale on of their less popular Figma stock.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I think it would be strange to be a completist about any toyline - every series has its fair share of dross. The Figmas I collect are the Evangelion and Black Rock Shooter girls, in both cases because I love the anime.

And Rei has finally shipped!

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    There's no way I would be completest regarding Figma... Billy, Michael and Karmen are of no interest to me.

HLJ currently have a sale on of their less popular Figma stock.
    Same here.....dont want those plus the bear mascot. Only getting one Kamen Rider (Siren) but not the others.

Not bad prices but I already have those *sigh*

Valkyrie's SDF: