12 80.00%
  • 3 - Average

2 13.33%

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode Review - 107 Transformers Prime - Scrapheap

*ahem* How come Optimus Prime and Arcee were shutting down from the cold blizzard when we've seen the Transformers fight in space?

Mind blown

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    *ahem* How come Optimus Prime and Arcee were shutting down from the cold blizzard when we've seen the Transformers fight in space?
    coz they was only in space for a short time?

The Arctic is actually COLDER than space! (little known fact)

They don't shut down due to cold, they are allergic to snow.

All factual points.

NB not actually factual points

Not a bad episode, nice to have a standalone, Decepticon free episode that allows in show time for Megatron to get fixed up.

Scraplets looked good, but never really felt like a threat, for things that "eat a machine inside out, so as to get all the good stuff" they really only seemed to eat the top layer of metal off Bumblebee, and the script did a poor job of conveying any real lasting damage to the three bots on base.

Prime's speech was a ruiner, as soon as It was uttered, you knew Bulkhead would run through and save the day for all parties.

Still not better than animated, but moving in the right direction.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

*sigh* Space is not freezing cold. In fact in our Solar System it's warm because there's nothing to protect you from Solar Radiation. Years of incorrect sci-fi has ruined our brains and our Smarmy answers.

I thought the temperature of space was about 2.7 degrees above Absolute Zero (-270.7 degrees or 2.7K), whereas apparently the minimum temperature in the Arctic is -50.

References:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_the_Arctic
    http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_sp_ht.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy
    They don't shut down due to cold, they are allergic to snow.
    And naturally that non-refrigerated fire extinguisher must've spewed snow at the Scraplets.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks
    Scraplets looked good, but never really felt like a threat, for things that "eat a machine inside out, so as to get all the good stuff" they really only seemed to eat the top layer of metal off Bumblebee, and the script did a poor job of conveying any real lasting damage to the three bots on base.
    Well Bulkhead didn't necessarily say the inside-out eating thing would happen straight away. The Autobots probably have tough armoured hides, and it may take them some time to chew through that - in sufficient numbers - but once they get through to the "soft chewy centre" then they can work their way in and start nibbling back out. The G1 Scraplets gave Cybertronians slow and painful deaths.

Im guessing you meant 2.7ēK Below absolute zero = -2.7ēK coz if it was above then it's definitely warmer than the arctic then by 52.7ēK
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    My Thoughts

• + Nice homage to sharkticons from G1 with the scraplets teeth
    • + Bulkhead screaming like a girl was hilarious
    • + I thought OP and Arcee shared a nice moment
    • - Is this Transformers?? BB and BH transform just once and thats it
    • + Animation is getting better
    • - No Decepticons
    Nicely sums things up for me, I agree with the negatives, being a Con fan first and foremost I was disappointed by their complete absense in this episode, it would of been nice to at least of seen an update on what Starscream is up to/Megatron's progress. The transforming thing annoys me too, did you know Ratchet has only transformered once since the show started!? I'm almost beginning to forget what his alt mode looks like.

Overall it was a pretty decent episode but it definitely felt like a pointless filler in terms of the overall story, I don't mind it once in awhile but I hope we don't see these sort of episodes becoming a regular thing. Especially since the first 6 episodes have flowed so smoothly in delivering a great continuing plot.

And naturally that non-refrigerated fire extinguisher must've spewed snow at the Scraplets.
    Lol! Of course, that's how those fire extinguishes work isn't it?

Just little sprinkle of fairy dust.

Well Bulkhead didn't necessarily say the inside-out eating thing would happen straight away. The Autobots probably have tough armoured hides, and it may take them some time to chew through that - in sufficient numbers - but once they get through to the "soft chewy centre" then they can work their way in and start nibbling back out. The G1 Scraplets gave Cybertronians slow and painful deaths.
    This totally makes me hungry for a caramello koala.