Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I agree with pretty much all of this but I don't think there is anything wrong with reading the instructions, especially if they give tips on how to use your $200 toy correctly
    ^Agreed. Especially considering that MPs are explicitly designed for adults. It's the very reason why they come with instructions in the first place. I personally enjoy using instructions. I don't think it's anyone else's business if people want to use instructions or not and I don't think it's good form to make others feel bad just because they want to use them. But if you're stuck on a toy's transformation then I really don't see what's wrong with referring to the instructions. That's what it's for.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Has anyone else received their MP Megatron from HLJ? I just got mine but it's been double taped. I'm assuming its factory double taped, but I wanted to check if anyone else who bought from HLJ had the same thing? Double tape doesn't really bother me if its from the factory (OT - but I've been getting double tape on all my MP's at least since Ironhde. Am I just unlucky, or is double tape the new norm?) but after all the confusion with the orange plugs, I got a bit worried I may have gotten an altered one. I bought this to keep sealed, so I don't want to open it in case it is unaltered. So thought I'd ask the question.
    I got mine yesterday, and it is double taped on one side. It was unaltered when I opened it.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    I got mine yesterday, and it is double taped on one side. It was unaltered when I opened it.
    Good to know, thanks

I follow the instructions out of my respect for the designers. To me the TT instructions, especially the MP ones have been all around great. They convey the designer's intention on how they should be transformed and show every aspect of the design. And this is also why I feel that Hasbro's crappy instructions (and stock photos as well)are disrespectful to the TT designers' effort.

Got my Megatron yesterday, have transformed to gun and back, and must say for someone to have broken him like the photos being circulated, they must have been using a fair bit of brute force

I don't know why people have an aversion to instructions, for small toys sure, but for high end stuff I always consult the instructions first. of course if the instructions are bad then we have a problem.

Hopefully these early reports of people having trouble, or breaking their toys are only a small percentage, and not a widespread thing. Whenever I see a reviewer or a fan say I will only transform the toy once, due to fragility, paint scraping, difficulty, etc then for me that toy is a failure as a transforming robot toy no matter how good it looks in one mode.

So hopefully this Megs is not like that, otherwise it's 3rd party all the way.

I can understand the appeal of Transformers as puzzles, but I think it's best to follow instructions in order to minimise damage to the toy, particularly with expensive figures like MPs. It's not TakaraTOMY's fault if something breaks because you didn't follow the instructions.

When MP Cheetor first came out, there were people who thought that the legs were misassembled because the ankle joints and blue sections on the calves were in the wrong places - they likely didn't realise that there were steps in the transformation that involved turning the hip assembly 180 degrees and then swinging the legs around to orient them correctly for robot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I don't know why people have an aversion to instructions, for small toys sure, but for high end stuff I always consult the instructions first. of course if the instructions are bad then we have a problem.

Hopefully these early reports of people having trouble, or breaking their toys are only a small percentage, and not a widespread thing. Whenever I see a reviewer or a fan say I will only transform the toy once, due to fragility, paint scraping, difficulty, etc then for me that toy is a failure as a transforming robot toy no matter how good it looks in one mode.

So hopefully this Megs is not like that, otherwise it's 3rd party all the way.
    I have now transformed Megatron twice to gun mode and back without a sign whatsoever with breakage. First time I used instructions and second time with memory but no brute force applied
    Last edited by rocca74; 8th April 2017 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I can understand the appeal of Transformers as puzzles...
    That pretty much sums it up for me. I don't disparage anyone for using them. People are entitled to do what they want with their own toys. I just enjoy the thrill of trying to figure it out for myself, that is part of the fun.

Just asking if anyone had purchased him from any of the stores like BBTS or TFSOURCE ??
    Any issues with orange plugs ?