Page 721 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 701711716717718719720721722723724725726731741 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Their original prices aren't that expensive. e.g. Collector's Edition Ironhide & Ratchet was 6000JPY ($63), which makes it about $31.50 per figure. But as Sinnertwin's link explains, they are limited exclusive toys, so it's not surprising if the aftermarket prices for them would be higher than other reissues.

Apparently most were limited to 1000 units of each, making them rarer than FunPub BotCon toys (and much more desirable ).

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Looks like its a September release for Skid, Waspinator, Goldbug & Dreadwing, Verno.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/m...&category=6564

I got so excited, till I saw the release date...

why did they stop using light piping? i think its one of the coolest features.
    only thing missing from my masterpiece figures is light up eyes

Light piping is an expense that gets them little reward... Who buys a toy because it has light piping?
    And how many don't even know it is there or cares if it has it?
    It was a nice gimmick when it first came out, but how do you make use of it?
    On probably one toy in six months the light will catch it and I'll have a one second moment of, wow that's interesting... but then the moment passes quickly, and I never look at that toy's gimmick again.
    If the light piping could pay for three more paint apps, that everyone can see and benefit from, I'd say ditch the light piping.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    why did they stop using light piping?
    'They' didn't? It's just not used on every Transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It was a nice gimmick when it first came out, but how do you make use of it?
    I loved it when I bought my first toy with light piping (Talon, in 1992). I'd fly him around the sunlit room and tap his head to pretend he was blinking.

I cannot complete the last stage of transforming Age of Extinction Deluxe Crosshairs. Whenever I place the lower door panels into position, the rear side parts pop out and vice versa. I think it's the big rubber panels that's getting in the way, but I can't seem to find a way to make them fit. Instructions have been useless and I've watched video reviews which haven't helped either. It really doesn't help when every video reviewer is transforming the toy from car to robot, even though it's packaged in robot mode. This toy is so frustrating, it's making toys like Big Convoy, BT Grimlock and MP Megatron look good.

Could someone please advise me on how to transform this toy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I loved it when I bought my first toy with light piping (Talon, in 1992). I'd fly him around the sunlit room and tap his head to pretend he was blinking.
    I still do this. Also when making the Transformer seem to be "powering down" (or up).

I cannot complete the last stage of transforming Age of Extinction Deluxe Crosshairs. Whenever I place the lower door panels into position, the rear side parts pop out and vice versa. I think it's the big rubber panels that's getting in the way, but I can't seem to find a way to make them fit. Instructions have been useless and I've watched video reviews which haven't helped either. It really doesn't help when every video reviewer is transforming the toy from car to robot, even though it's packaged in robot mode.

This toy is so frustrating, it's making toys like Big Convoy, BT Grimlock and MP Megatron look good. On the plus side, it does seem to be a robust toy, considering that it's survived being thrown to the floor and repeatedly hit in frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I still do this. Also when making the Transformer seem to be "powering down" (or up).

Were you able to work it out, Goki?

Nope.

P.S.: On the plus side, my figure is pretty good in robot mode. i.e. doesn't have some issues reported on some other people's figures, e.g. tabs on rubber parts being difficult to insert, windscreen being really hard to dislocate (and making a loud snapping sound as if it's going to break). The tabs on mine fit like a glove and the windscreen bends with no issue.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 4th May 2014 at 01:06 AM.