PDA

View Full Version : Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Cat
9th October 2012, 12:32 AM
But just because items aren't released here, doesn't mean we ignore them to the point of saying the toys are secondary overall.

It changes the local market, but not the whole world's, and is not an intended consequence really. It's in Hasbro's overall interest to sell as many toys as possible, after all.

Likewise, both Hasbro and retailer buyers vastly overestimated demand for DOTM toys. The bubble burst.

It sucks, but it's not necessarily indicative of the overall health of the brand, which is (thankfully) larger than just one area of weakness.

Cat
9th October 2012, 01:19 AM
Darn.

Got 4 of the blindpacked Kreons. My most wanted were Scorponok, Sunstorm, followed by Galvatron.

I got Sunstorm, Waspinator, and two Scorponoks.

So close.

5FDP
9th October 2012, 09:35 AM
The thing I'm not enjoying about TFs atm is that it's media driven rather than toy driven... feels like putting the cart before the horse to me. I much prefer the traditional way where the toys are the 'engine' of the franchise, and everything else is built around that.

QFT!

drahsrebu
11th October 2012, 08:32 PM
thinking about adding a few details to a couple of tfs (foc jazz springs to mind), what sort of paint should i use? do i need to prepare the surface etc..never paited a tf before.

Starscream77
11th October 2012, 09:21 PM
Hey all
Where is the cheapest online place to buy I Gear stuff, specifically Ironhide & Ratchet ? Never bought third party before

Trent
11th October 2012, 10:18 PM
Hey all
Where is the cheapest online place to buy I Gear stuff, specifically Ironhide & Ratchet ? Never bought third party before

The igear shop (http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=131) has them both for $240 with free shipping. Don't know whether that's the cheapest or not as I didn't buy them (they don't really fit in my collection). However they have received a number of good reviews on YouTube.

Here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11508&page=7) is the OTCA thread on them

griffin
12th October 2012, 02:05 AM
Please keep questions of non-Transformers items in the non-Transformers sections, or the Unauthorised TFs section (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=46).

M-bot
13th October 2012, 06:49 PM
thinking about adding a few details to a couple of tfs (foc jazz springs to mind), what sort of paint should i use? do i need to prepare the surface etc..never paited a tf before.

There's a fair amount of resources about painting models available with a simple Google search. If you want something more specific to TF's, the tfw2005.com boards (the Radicons section specifically) have some great tutorials that will get you started.

Paints are available at any good hobby shop (possibly even a few ordinary ones) - unless you want to get into some serious repainting involving airbrushes and what-not, I'd suggest water based paints as they're less fuss. Citadel and Tamiya paints are what i use.

Washing is often a good idea before hand, it removes any dust and plastic lubricants around the joints, etc before applying the paint.

Best suggestion I could give to you is practice some techniques on a less valuable TF first (preferably a junker) so you can get the hang of using brushes, the consistency of the paint, how much to apply, etc, before moving on to something more important to you. If you're anything like me, you'll skip this advice entirely and dive in head first...:p;)

Go for it dude! And post up the results in Grapple's section here, OK?:)

drahsrebu
14th October 2012, 08:47 AM
There's a fair amount of resources about painting models available with a simple Google search. If you want something more specific to TF's, the tfw2005.com boards (the Radicons section specifically) have some great tutorials that will get you started.

Paints are available at any good hobby shop (possibly even a few ordinary ones) - unless you want to get into some serious repainting involving airbrushes and what-not, I'd suggest water based paints as they're less fuss. Citadel and Tamiya paints are what i use.

Washing is often a good idea before hand, it removes any dust and plastic lubricants around the joints, etc before applying the paint.

Best suggestion I could give to you is practice some techniques on a less valuable TF first (preferably a junker) so you can get the hang of using brushes, the consistency of the paint, how much to apply, etc, before moving on to something more important to you. If you're anything like me, you'll skip this advice entirely and dive in head first...:p;)

Go for it dude! And post up the results in Grapple's section here, OK?:)

thanks mate, ill let you know how i go. :)

Tober
14th October 2012, 09:47 AM
Use acrylic paint with thinner to remove mistakes/spills. Prepare surfaces with soap and water then rinse with water. You shouldn't need primer or overcoat unless you are painting large areas.

Tober
14th October 2012, 04:15 PM
Which is better, Hasbro Revealers (deluxe) Knockout or Takara AM-13 (deluxe) Medic Knockout? :confused:

drahsrebu
14th October 2012, 04:18 PM
Use acrylic paint with thinner to remove mistakes/spills. Prepare surfaces with soap and water then rinse with water. You shouldn't need primer or overcoat unless you are painting large areas.

thanks Tober :) now all i need is a day off:rolleyes: im half way through an 8 day stint

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th October 2012, 04:26 PM
Question for Goki: what does Miko's last name mean (仲代 Nakadai). I looked up the kanji, but the combined meaning kinda escapes me - 仲 is apparently 'relationship' or 'go-between', and 代 has a lot of possible meanings.
教えってくださゴキ先生。

GoktimusPrime
14th October 2012, 05:59 PM
Hmm... that's not easy to translate, but I'd go with something like "Within an age."

仲(なか、ちゅう)means "mid" or, as you said, relations. So it's used in words like 仲夏(ちゅうか)("midsummer," synonymous with the more commonly used 真夏(まなつ)), and 代(だい、よ) means "era/period" or "generation."

e.g.
仲間(nakama)= friend
時代(jidai*)= age, period
明治時代(Meiji-Jidai) = The Meiji Period

Japanese Transfans often refer to Generation 1 as 初代 (Shodai), meaning "1st Generation."

Have they published any official Kanji for "Miko"? TFwiki just has it written in Katakana, which I suspect is all that's been officially published. I suspect that they might have intended for it to be 巫女(Shinto priestess), but that's never used as a name in Japanese, which is written as 美湖 (beautiful lakes). I think of her name as 魅子 (miko -> "monster child", with the left radical (鬼) meaning "demon" ;))

---------------------------------------
*The word "Jedi" is derived from "jidai" as part of the influence of Kurosawa's Samurai period films (e.g. The Hidden Fortress) on Star Wars, particularly as Jedi are basically Samurai in Space. ;)

LordCyrusOmega
15th October 2012, 10:57 AM
Which is better, Hasbro Revealers (deluxe) Knockout or Takara AM-13 (deluxe) Medic Knockout? :confused:

I don't have either but I do have Hasbro revealer and Takara Arms Micron: Ratchet and Bumblebee. Colours are better on Arms Micron but you do have to apply stickers (which I'm not a fan of). The stickers do make the toy look better. Plus you get the partner with Arms Micron version.
Plastic quality feels the same in both

UltraMarginal
15th October 2012, 02:58 PM

I only have the Hasbro knockout, I don't like the look of the micron port on the hood of the Takara release.
Otherwise, apart from not wanting to do stickers and not really being fussed about the microns at all, I'd go for the hasbro version. It is lacking in the paint detail department, I plan on doing a bit of work to it myself eventually.

Look in my sales thread:o

Tober
15th October 2012, 03:30 PM
I don't have either but I do have Hasbro revealer and Takara Arms Micron: Ratchet and Bumblebee. Colours are better on Arms Micron but you do have to apply stickers (which I'm not a fan of). The stickers do make the toy look better. Plus you get the partner with Arms Micron version.
Plastic quality feels the same in both

I only have the Hasbro knockout, I don't like the look of the micron port on the hood of the Takara release.
Otherwise, apart from not wanting to do stickers and not really being fussed about the microns at all, I'd go for the hasbro version. It is lacking in the paint detail department, I plan on doing a bit of work to it myself eventually.

Look in my sales thread:o

Thanks guys. :)

It's the AM ports on the chest and doors that are putting me off the Takara version, so I'll probably go with the Hasbro release.

UltraMarginal
15th October 2012, 05:30 PM
I think the ports on the doors are the same between the two versions, it's just the huge monster on the chest that is different.

The ones on the doors are not as intrusive as the one on the bonnet though.

kup
15th October 2012, 05:34 PM
Energon Omega Supreme - Good toy or bad toy?

I have heard people regard this toy fairly positively but on the other hand, some reviewers see the mold as mediocre at best.

What's your opinion?

Kapryiath
15th October 2012, 07:34 PM
its a VERY basic massive toy.
it doesnt leave much to the imagination the transformation is terribly simple and it doenst have the best articulation in the world.
the gimmick with optimus prime unless your attaching his super mode limbs its just putting an optimus head onto omega supreme ( as seen in the cartoon) that being said i'm really glad i picked him up ! he's simple but not every transformer needs to take an hour to transform and imho his robot mode looks amazing i love the wat all the aspects come together i will definatly be picking up the g1esque retool

GoktimusPrime
15th October 2012, 11:45 PM
It's basically a really big (and damn expensive) Mega Pretender Shell for Energon Optimus Prime. I've seen Mini-Cons with more clever engineering.

kup
16th October 2012, 12:04 AM
It's basically a really big (and damn expensive) Mega Pretender Shell for Energon Optimus Prime. I've seen Mini-Cons with more clever engineering.

That's too bad. It seems that some unannounced future 3rd party release is still our best bet for a decent Omega :(

rocman12
16th October 2012, 10:33 AM
Robot Kingdom has a Hasbro masterpiece Skywarp and Thundercracker, im assuming that skywarp is the old mould, is thundercracker the old mould as well, i didnt have the money when they where first released, but would like to get my hands on the old mould of the jets

GoktimusPrime
16th October 2012, 12:12 PM
MP Skywarp's only ever been done in the old mould whereas MP Thundercracker has been done in both (TakaraTOMY (http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig07/10073882a.jpg) Thundercracker (http://tfsource.com/public_img/reduced-image_197_106.jpg) is the old mould, Hasbro's (http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k257/mmhand/photo-3.jpg) is the new one (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JgHH4RtIfug/UAC8LLt35YI/AAAAAAAAGmA/57Rf-w1ugso/s1600/r_exclusives_thundercracker_pkg.jpg)). :)

Starscream77
16th October 2012, 08:24 PM
The collector fair in a couple of weeks in Penrith, think it's called collectormania, is it any good? Anyone picked up good stuff there?

Trent
16th October 2012, 09:35 PM
That's too bad. It seems that some unannounced future 3rd party release is still our best bet for a decent Omega :(

That's what I'm thinking. This arvo I watched a few reviews of Energon Omega and I just don't think it will cut it. The whole Energon aesthetic is wasted on me. :confused:

Yukitora
17th October 2012, 09:34 PM
Do all transformers have some sort of logo for their name? like movie Bumblebee/barricade symbols... and a few others i recall. Or is it just the movie bots that got special treatment?

Hursticon
17th October 2012, 09:49 PM
Do all transformers have some sort of logo for their name? like movie Bumblebee/barricade symbols... and a few others i recall. Or is it just the movie bots that got special treatment?

I'd say that was more-so a movie thing, as most other instances where this sort of thing has occurred is in other fictions and/or for specific 'Factions'; although I believe that in the G1 Cartoon Shockwave had his own. :)

I hope that's of some help. :cool:

GoktimusPrime
17th October 2012, 10:45 PM
It happened in Animated too... seems to be a more recent thing. Certainly didn't happen much before then. Heh... imagine a name logo for G1 Blot. :p

jazzcomp
18th October 2012, 10:44 AM
Who's collection here had the Kre-o with 2 sets each - displayed in each mode?

GoktimusPrime
21st October 2012, 08:58 PM
If anyone here has a Fortress, Grand or Brave Maximus box that's accessible, could you please tell me what the dimensions are? I'm trying to clear space in the closet of my Transformatorium for Encore Maximus' box (I've already made shelf space for him :)), and my Brave Maximus box is really deeply buried so it's not easily accessible for me. If someone could measure their box and post the dimensions then that would save me a heap of trouble. Thanks!

Trent
22nd October 2012, 09:16 PM
So, After getting through most of Beast wars (I've got about 8 eps to go, will finish this week and loving it. Easily my favourite TF cartoon), I want an Optimus Primal toy (Gotta love those toy ads, they really work):D

As far as different types go, I like the Optimal Optimus mold, it kicks arse and has 4 modes. Pretty cool.

So what's it like as a toy? Any good?? Is there a difference between Hasbro and Takara versions? etc, etc.

Cheers for the help. I'll probably get a Megs later but for now OP will do.

If anyone here has a Fortress, Grand or Brave Maximus box that's accessible, could you please tell me what the dimensions are? I'm trying to clear space in the closet of my Transformatorium for Encore Maximus' box (I've already made shelf space for him :)), and my Brave Maximus box is really deeply buried so it's not easily accessible for me. If someone could measure their box and post the dimensions then that would save me a heap of trouble. Thanks!

I think someone asked this in another thread recently?? It was to work out shipping. I had a look but can't find the post:confused::confused::confused: Sorry Gok

jazzcomp
22nd October 2012, 09:19 PM
Griffin just bought one, right?

Starscream77
23rd October 2012, 09:58 PM
Why is Masterpiece Megs scaled so much taller than other MP's especially against Prime 10 ?

Trent
23rd October 2012, 10:11 PM
Why is Masterpiece Megs scaled so much taller than other MP's especially against Prime 10 ?

He was made to scale with MP-01 I believe, which is significantly larger than the new MP-10

tinyJazz
23rd October 2012, 10:20 PM
That's right. Here's an awkward photo (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/masterpiece/megatron-mp-05/1141/1/238/) of him and the other MPs from the time.

I hope they make a new MP Megs, that's a g2 version so I can actually buy it! :p

liegeprime
23rd October 2012, 10:27 PM
That's right. Here's an awkward photo (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/masterpiece/megatron-mp-05/1141/1/238/) of him and the other MPs from the time.

I hope they make a new MP Megs, that's a g2 version so I can actually buy it! :p

I was thinking the same thing the other day tinyJazz. Enough primes already give us another megs - a Tank one so we don't have to be bothered with licenses and police clearances and all that BS. Plus an MP tank would be awesome, just dont make the transformation a panel former I hope just to complicate it...:rolleyes:

Tober
24th October 2012, 01:39 AM
What happened to G1 Skyfire after the movie? Was he ever seen or heard from again, or did he also have an off-screen demise?

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th October 2012, 08:59 AM
What happened to G1 Skyfire after the movie? Was he ever seen or heard from again, or did he also have an off-screen demise?A quick TFwiki search reveals he (or one of the myriad Autobot lookalikes) showed up to die in Dark Awakening. Of course, so did the Aerialbots and they showed up fine and dandy later, so my theory is that Sky Lynx ate him.

GoktimusPrime
24th October 2012, 12:09 PM
Eeh... it's the G1 cartoon. Characters just randomly appeared and disappeared as if they'd been (or never been) there the whole time. :p

so my theory is that Sky Lynx ate him.
Ha ha ha... or maybe he got sick of all the other Autobots teasing him about Robotech.

"So Skyfire... when your mum gets mad, is she Ma'Cross?"
"@%#$! you!!"
#ragequit

1orion2many
24th October 2012, 01:02 PM
So, After getting through most of Beast wars (I've got about 8 eps to go, will finish this week and loving it. Easily my favourite TF cartoon), I want an Optimus Primal toy (Gotta love those toy ads, they really work):D

As far as different types go, I like the Optimal Optimus mold, it kicks arse and has 4 modes. Pretty cool.

So what's it like as a toy? Any good?? Is there a difference between Hasbro and Takara versions? etc, etc.

Cheers for the help. I'll probably get a Megs later but for now OP will do.

I think someone asked this in another thread recently?? It was to work out shipping. I had a look but can't find the post:confused::confused::confused: Sorry Gok

I like the mold, Your biggest problem is to make sure you buy a complete one as it'll be a pain to chase up the shoulder guards. Also keep an eye out for chrome damage as this seems to be a common occurrence with the Trans-Metals & Trans-Metals 2. One of the best molds going despite the very short appearance is X-9 Ravage, Good luck finding a cheap one of these;):)

Hursticon
24th October 2012, 02:15 PM
I like the mold, Your biggest problem is to make sure you buy a complete one as it'll be a pain to chase up the shoulder guards. Also keep an eye out for chrome damage as this seems to be a common occurrence with the Trans-Metals & Trans-Metals 2. One of the best molds going despite the very short appearance is X-9 Ravage, Good luck finding a cheap one of these;):)

Ditto! :cool:

Op-Op is a great toy, not terribly hard to transform but just mind the chrome & be wary of the hinges of the knees as with liberal use they become extraordinary loose & he is an extremely top-heavy figure. ;)

There isn't a huge difference between Beast & Bot modes, with the Tank & Aircraft Alt modes being comparable in a similar fashion but all are distinct and satisfying - Much like the size & weight of this big brute, so ensure you've got plenty of display space Trent. :D

Tober
24th October 2012, 03:39 PM
A quick TFwiki search reveals he (or one of the myriad Autobot lookalikes) showed up to die in Dark Awakening. Of course, so did the Aerialbots and they showed up fine and dandy later, so my theory is that Sky Lynx ate him.

Darned Dino-shuttle! Probably just peeved at being kicked out of the Dinobots/Lightning Strike Coalition.

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th October 2012, 09:34 PM
Darned Dino-shuttle! Probably just peeved at being kicked out of the Dinobots/Lightning Strike Coalition.Something like that (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/To_sell_toys).

On a semi-related note, were there ever any notable Autobot space-taxis that were Takara molds that made it to a Western release? Jetfire, Sky Lynx, and Omega Supreme were all non-Takara molds, and I can't think of any other notable ones besides Fort Max, who's kind of more a mobile city-bot in the US 'toon anyway.

GoktimusPrime
24th October 2012, 10:19 PM
Astrotrain and Cosmos.

Gouki
25th October 2012, 06:27 AM
Well in theory those two count. Not practive.;)

Kapryiath
25th October 2012, 05:48 PM
have i missed something is there another active transformers cartoon that isnt transformers prime?

Tober
25th October 2012, 05:59 PM
have i missed something is there another active transformers cartoon that isnt transformers prime?

Isn't there that Rescue Bots thing? Aimed at really young kids..? :confused:

Hursticon
25th October 2012, 10:55 PM
Isn't there that Rescue Bots thing? Aimed at really young kids..? :confused:

That's the only other concurrent TF Cartoon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNI9R3d4S7k), yeah. :)

jazzcomp
26th October 2012, 09:28 AM
Does OTCA have a toy store thread? Threads pop up on sales for the toy stores but not to actually just discuss about the store. If I do start a thread, which section is appropriate?

5FDP
26th October 2012, 10:12 AM
Does OTCA have a toy store thread? Threads pop up on sales for the toy stores but not to actually just discuss about the store. If I do start a thread, which section is appropriate?

Are you talking about 'brick' stores or online? There are a few online stores reviewed in the Saleyard section. There's feedback topics for actiontoys.com, Transformerland, Amazon.com, BigBadToyStore, Robot Kingdom etc.

jazzcomp
26th October 2012, 09:01 PM
Are you talking about 'brick' stores or online? There are a few online stores reviewed in the Saleyard section. There's feedback topics for actiontoys.com, Transformerland, Amazon.com, BigBadToyStore, Robot Kingdom etc.
Brick stores ;)

Bidoofdude
27th October 2012, 01:15 PM
So, I started watching beast wars. AWESOME show!!! So, related to that, I was wondering if the Universe Cheetor and Dinobot are any good? They look quite good and I'm considering starting a Beast wars esque portion in my collection. What are some really good Beast Wars or Beastverse (BW classicsverse?) figures? Also, does universe dinobot have a faction changing thingo on his chest? Thanks. :D

Hursticon
27th October 2012, 01:27 PM
So, I started watching beast wars. AWESOME show!!! So, related to that, I was wondering if the Universe Cheetor and Dinobot are any good? They look quite good and I'm considering starting a Beast wars esque portion in my collection. What are some really good Beast Wars or Beastverse (BW classicsverse?) figures? Also, does universe dinobot have a faction changing thingo on his chest? Thanks. :D

The Universe Cheetor mold is sadly a gimmick compromised figure that looks amazing in Beast mode but unfortunately iffy in Bot mode. :(
The Universe Dinobot mold is apparently really quite good but the Hasbro release has all the wrong colours, the Henkei release is the best one by far but costs an arm & a leg. :o;)

As there was only 2 BW figures made for the 'Classicsverse' lines (Thus far :mad:), your best bet is to go after the original toys as they are plentiful and are quite affordable whilst also being excellent toys/effigies in their own right. :cool:

My own recommendations would be:

Transmetal 2 - Megatron
Transmetal - Optimal Optimus
Transmetal - Rampage
Transmetal - Depthcharge
Transmetal - Tarantulas
Transmetal - Rattrap
Original - Dinobot
Transmetal 2 - Dinobot
Original - Cheetor
Transmetal - Cheetor
Fuzor - Quickstrike
Fuzor - Silverbolt
Original - Waspinator
Original - Tigatron
Transmetal 2 - Tigerhawk
And many, many more...

If you can afford to, I recommend going for any of the 10th Anniversary or Japanese Telemocha repaints of these figures as they tend to be far more show accurate. ;):)

Bidoofdude
27th October 2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks Hursti.
Also, the universe 2 pack Optimus Prime sucks, doesn't it? Because if it's alright it's worth a consideration. The deluxe one btw.

SuspectimusPrime
27th October 2012, 10:27 PM
The Universe Dinobot mold is apparently really quite good but the Hasbro release has all the wrong colours, the Henkei release is the best one by far but costs an arm & a leg. :o;)

I can vouch for this :) It was almost a grail to me because I was unwilling to pay the disgusting $70-100 eBay price for this, and finally found it in a tiny corner of a tiny corner in HK for $25.

And many, many more...

If you don't mind characters that weren't in the American Beast Wars shows (I'm sure Hursti's has these in mind): Magnaboss (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Magnaboss), Tripredacus (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tripredacus)/Tripledacus (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tripledacus), and the beautiful Magmatron (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Magmatron) - all fine toys and great display pieces :)

GoktimusPrime
27th October 2012, 11:01 PM
Tripredacus was in the Canadian show... but the show models weren't toy-accurate. ;) (and they certainly never combined)

Hursticon
28th October 2012, 02:01 AM
If you don't mind characters that weren't in the American Beast Wars shows (I'm sure Hursti's has these in mind): Magnaboss (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Magnaboss), Tripredacus (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tripredacus)/Tripledacus (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tripledacus), and the beautiful Magmatron (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Magmatron) - all fine toys and great display pieces :)

...And many, many more. ;):D

Paul Agnew
30th October 2012, 03:54 PM
Universe Dinobot is a pretty spiffy toy in his own right. Shame they had to sacrifice the Rotate-Blade, though.

Bradmull83
30th October 2012, 04:23 PM
Anyone know an Aussie store or location where I can pre order fort max? Don't want to pay extra shipping at BBTS or the other American stores

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th October 2012, 04:31 PM
Anyone know an Aussie store or location where I can pre order fort max? Don't want to pay extra shipping at BBTS or the other American stores

I'd be more inclined to try a Japanese Export Store than BBTS, as it is a Takaratomy Japanese release rather than a Hasbro US release. That will save you some shipping in the first place, plus a local store will just add their shipping plus a bit for them on top anyway.

HLJ still has it available (http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT47613) and are a trustworthy source.

SuspectimusPrime
30th October 2012, 05:26 PM
Universe Dinobot is a pretty spiffy toy in his own right. Shame they had to sacrifice the Rotate-Blade, though.

It was good of them to include the spinning blade in the cartoon, and had it used in crucial battle scenes, but as a toy I think it function better without it. If they ever do a Classics release of Inferno, I'd prefer a good transformation in lieu of his abdomen's spinning function as well :)

Megatron
31st October 2012, 01:19 PM
I have a quick qs that hopefully someone with this figure can answer... where are the 6 missiles for Deep Space Starscream kept in box? Mine is MISB and I can't see them anywhere through the clear plastic.

UltraMarginal
31st October 2012, 05:07 PM
I have a quick qs that hopefully someone with this figure can answer... where are the 6 missiles for Deep Space Starscream kept in box? Mine is MISB and I can't see them anywhere through the clear plastic.

I seem to recall the original version of that mold having the missiles taped to the back of the cardboard insert.

Megatron
31st October 2012, 05:28 PM
I seem to recall the original version of that mold having the missiles taped to the back of the cardboard insert.

Could very well be, though I haven't seen the same hexagonal shaped box on any other Starscream movie toy? But now that you mention it, the inner cardboard is raised from the bottom, so there would be enough space in there for all the missiles plus the instruction sheet. That must be it. Thanks UM!

GoktimusPrime
31st October 2012, 10:30 PM
There's only one way to be totally sure... ;) :p

Megatron
31st October 2012, 10:36 PM
There's only one way to be totally sure... ;) :p

Hahaha was waiting for someone to say that.. :p

Fungal Infection
1st November 2012, 12:56 AM
Does anyone know if a regular G1 Blurr gun will fit into a targetmaster Blurr fist hole? Or is the hole on a targetmaster Blurr too big (obviously to accomodate Haywire)?

UltraMarginal
1st November 2012, 01:38 AM
Does anyone know if a regular G1 Blurr gun will fit into a targetmaster Blurr fist hole? Or is the hole on a targetmaster Blurr too big (obviously to accomodate Haywire)?

it's a different figure but I know for sure that the fit hole on Targetmaster Scourge was bigger than the original. so quite possibly the same deal for Blurr.

griffin
1st November 2012, 04:09 AM

Fist holes are both bigger on the TG version... so won't hold the regular gun (or the original shield either).

GoktimusPrime
1st November 2012, 11:09 AM
My 1986 Blurr holds my Targetmaster Blurr's shield (I've long lost my original G1 Blurr's shield)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Collection%202012/collection2012_1986a.jpg

Starscream77
1st November 2012, 04:11 PM
Hey all

To save me researching (cause i am lazy) is there any TF's just out in the US or coming out over next 4 weeks that would be good acquisitions ?
My mate is going over and said he would get me stuff but i am having a mindblank on what to get !!!
Trying to think of things i cannot get here

spiderken17
1st November 2012, 04:25 PM
One for the car guys. Does anyone else think its strange that G1 Camshaft turns into an RX-7 which is a car with a Rotary engine and hence no camshaft? They didn't think that one through :).

UltraMarginal
1st November 2012, 06:07 PM
Hey all

To save me researching (cause i am lazy) is there any TF's just out in the US or coming out over next 4 weeks that would be good acquisitions ?
My mate is going over and said he would get me stuff but i am having a mindblank on what to get !!!

First Edition stuff has started arriving at TRU's, as has the MP10 and Thunder Cracker.
stuff over a year old may turn up in Ross Stores or similar discount outlets.

Recent waves of Prime toys have also started appearing there, Deluxe Vehicon, Airachnid ?, Hotshot, the repaint of Wheeljack, knockout etc,
voyager starscream has been out for a while, Voyager Thunderwing and UltraMagnus have started appearing also.

Fall of Cybertron Combaticons.

how big is your friends suitcase

UltraMarginal
1st November 2012, 06:08 PM
One for the car guys. Does anyone else think its strange that G1 Camshaft turns into an RX-7 which is a car with a Rotary engine and hence no camshaft? They didn't think that one through :).

I've always considered it an intentional self aware irony:D

SuspectimusPrime
1st November 2012, 07:10 PM
Hey all

Generations Ultimate Gift Set (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-ultimate-gift-set?BR=496&ID=30837) (Deluxe repainted RTS Optimus and Jazz and Legends repainted Motormaster and Thundercracker) is a real bargain in the US :)
The Combat Hero Optimus Prime would suit a future third party release (http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/maketoys-battle-tanker-new-colors-remold-p1435704.php) quite nicely if you don't have Botcon Ultra Magnus :)

Starscream77
1st November 2012, 07:33 PM
First Edition stuff has started arriving at TRU's, as has the MP10 and Thunder Cracker.
stuff over a year old may turn up in Ross Stores or similar discount outlets.

Recent waves of Prime toys have also started appearing there, Deluxe Vehicon, Airachnid ?, Hotshot, the repaint of Wheeljack, knockout etc,
voyager starscream has been out for a while, Voyager Thunderwing and UltraMagnus have started appearing also.

Fall of Cybertron Combaticons.

how big is your friends suitcase

Ha ha it's big but he told me a "couple" of things.
Voyager Ultra Magnus is on my list now, cheers

Starscream77
1st November 2012, 07:35 PM
Generations Ultimate Gift Set (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-ultimate-gift-set?BR=496&ID=30837) (Deluxe repainted RTS Optimus and Jazz and Legends repainted Motormaster and Thundercracker) is a real bargain in the US :)
The Combat Hero Optimus Prime would suit a future third party release (http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/maketoys-battle-tanker-new-colors-remold-p1435704.php) quite nicely if you don't have Botcon Ultra Magnus :)

Good call, didn't think of ultimate gift set either, added to my list.
Cheers man

Ode to a Grasshopper
1st November 2012, 09:31 PM
Hey all

Trying to think of things i cannot get hereHave you got MP10 yet? Should be easier to find and a bit cheaper over in the USA.

Slag
1st November 2012, 09:32 PM
If someone could measure their box and post the dimensions then that would save me a heap of trouble. Thanks!

You probably already have the answer but it's approximately exactly
600mm H x 405mm W x 225mm D

SuspectimusPrime
1st November 2012, 10:11 PM
Have you got MP10 yet? Should be easier to find and a bit cheaper over in the USA.

The downside is that MP10 has a huge box and weighs a few kilos.

Kapryiath
2nd November 2012, 12:55 AM
i imagine this might be a bit controversial but for someone who's never read a comic if you had to pick a transformers comic series to start reading ( preferably one readily available on the internet) which would you suggest

Sky Shadow
2nd November 2012, 11:29 AM
i imagine this might be a bit controversial but for someone who's never read a comic if you had to pick a transformers comic series to start reading ( preferably one readily available on the internet) which would you suggest

These days I'd start with IDW's More Than Meets The Eye by James Roberts. So far there are ten issues and an annual.

5FDP
2nd November 2012, 08:06 PM

I'd also be interested in an answer to the above question if anyone here knows.

Slag
2nd November 2012, 09:08 PM
You probably already have the answer but it's approximately exactly
600mm H x 405mm W x 225mm D

I'd also be interested in an answer to the above question if anyone here knows.

:)

5FDP
2nd November 2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks so much Geigerrock-2 :) Don't know how I missed your response :o

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2012, 01:37 PM
So my NSW Gunformer permit is up for renewal and I got 2 questions:

1) Is a copy of our Megatron Club member card sufficient to be attached with the form, or do we also need to attach a copy of a letter proving that our membership with the club is still valid?

2) Section 3 states "You must have your safe storage inspected by local police and provide the Event number below." and sure enough there is a box below labelled "Police inspection Event number."

I don't object to having police inspect my Transformers room per se, but it's a hassle I'd rather not go through if I don't have to. :o What have others done?

Jetfire in the sky
3rd November 2012, 01:57 PM
I am dumbfounded why anyone would even bother with these permits. I heard about this on The Collectors or some other show that a Transfan was trying to make a big deal out of it.
If you have a Megatron the authorities aren't going to come and break your door down and put you in jail. Obvoiusly if you are taking him around to fairs or shows IN GUN MODE then it would be wise to have a permit.
I realise that once you have registered that you have Gunformers then you are stuck.
End Rant

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2012, 03:07 PM
I am dumbfounded why anyone would even bother with these permits.
Because it's the law in NSW. It's not like we have any other legal choice. I'd love it if NSW was more like SA or WA where there is little to no prohibition on such toys... but I live in NSW, and that's the law of this state.

I heard about this on The Collectors or some other show that a Transfan was trying to make a big deal out of it.
If you have a Megatron the authorities aren't going to come and break your door down and put you in jail.
That's because in 2007 Masterpiece Megatron toys were being confiscated and destroyed (by incineration I believe).

Obvoiusly if you are taking him around to fairs or shows IN GUN MODE then it would be wise to have a permit.
Also if you ever intend on ever getting any more Gunformers in the future, you will need a permit in NSW. Just last year TakaraTOMY released Chronicles Megatron. If I'd wanted to get that toy I would need my permit. If they ever reissue Browning, I'll need my permit. If TakaraTOMY ever decides to make a new MP Megatron (in scale w/ MP10 and w/ stock and silencer), I'll need my permit. Of course there's no absolute guarantee that my Gunformers would get intercepted - there's a chance they could slip by. But I'd rather not take that risk. Other people might be willing to accept that risk... for me, I'd rather err on the side of caution. :o

Jetfire in the sky
3rd November 2012, 05:03 PM
Of course there's no absolute guarantee that my Gunformers would get intercepted - there's a chance they could slip by. But I'd rather not take that risk. Other people might be willing to accept that risk... for me, I'd rather err on the side of caution. :o

Ok, so this bit makes sense, if you are spending lots of dollars on these items especially coming from overseas and they get stopped at customs you have a permit and the item will be allowed through.
Having said that the only way an item could be picked up is if it is in gun mode, which MP is not, unless there was one released and I'm not aware, but this isn't to say they won't release him in the future like this.
Obviously older (and reissue) Megs, Brownings etc are in gun mode when packaged so it makes sense to cover yourself as to not lose the money spent on these items.

GoktimusPrime
3rd November 2012, 07:08 PM
Having said that the only way an item could be picked up is if it is in gun mode, which MP is not, unless there was one released and I'm not aware, but this isn't to say they won't release him in the future like this.
Obviously older (and reissue) Megs, Brownings etc are in gun mode when packaged so it makes sense to cover yourself as to not lose the money spent on these items.
Dude, MP Megatron was packaged in robot mode (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_u5VYUkaWV3Q/Rg_TAV0fGkI/AAAAAAAAAWE/o5VNX3ufhuw/s320/mp5-3.jpg). ;) Since 2007 Customs has been cluey about detecting Gunformers in robot mode... so unfortunately the old "pack 'em in robot mode" trick doesn't work like it used to. :(

Anyway, I've since found out the answer to my 2nd question -- we don't need to bother with the police inspection. Currently awaiting my membership renewal letter, then I can attach it with the rest of the documents to send off for my permit renewal. *phew* Like I don't have enough paperwork to do without this!! :rolleyes:

gamblor916
3rd November 2012, 08:42 PM
I have to renew the permit as well. Is the fee waived this time around as well?

Fungal Infection
3rd November 2012, 10:33 PM
If you guys have filled in the P638 form, chances are you will receive a call from them once they receive your documents and tell you that you were sent the wrong form and that the correct from to send is the P634 form since Megatron has apparently been reclassed from "prohibited weapon" to "Imitation Firearm - collector". I sent them a photocopy of my club membership card to prove my club affiliation and that was sufficient however I needed to send them the correct form filled out as well. The fee is waived, in the fee section just write "Fee Exempt" and they will take care of the rest.

GoktimusPrime
4th November 2012, 01:01 AM
I have to renew the permit as well. Is the fee waived this time around as well?
Yes, the fee is waived again. :)

If you guys have filled in the P638 form, chances are you will receive a call from them once they receive your documents and tell you that you were sent the wrong form and that the correct from to send is the P634 form since Megatron has apparently been reclassed from "prohibited weapon" to "Imitation Firearm - collector".
They sent me the P634 form.

I sent them a photocopy of my club membership card to prove my club affiliation and that was sufficient however I needed to send them the correct form filled out as well. The fee is waived, in the fee section just write "Fee Exempt" and they will take care of the rest.
Cheers dude. :)

kup
4th November 2012, 10:45 PM
These days I'd start with IDW's More Than Meets The Eye by James Roberts. So far there are ten issues and an annual.

I agree with Sky Shadow, start with MTMTE and then use it as a basis to read up on previous stuff like the Chaos issues.

jazzcomp
4th November 2012, 11:49 PM
why are the logos missing from the foc combaticons vortex and blastoff at least in robot mode?

UltraMarginal
5th November 2012, 01:24 PM
Dude, MP Megatron was packaged in robot mode (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_u5VYUkaWV3Q/Rg_TAV0fGkI/AAAAAAAAAWE/o5VNX3ufhuw/s320/mp5-3.jpg). ;) Since 2007 Customs has been cluey about detecting Gunformers in robot mode... so unfortunately the old "pack 'em in robot mode" trick doesn't work like it used to. :(

Anyway, I've since found out the answer to my 2nd question -- we don't need to bother with the police inspection. Currently awaiting my membership renewal letter, then I can attach it with the rest of the documents to send off for my permit renewal. *phew* Like I don't have enough paperwork to do without this!! :rolleyes:

If you guys have filled in the P638 form, chances are you will receive a call from them once they receive your documents and tell you that you were sent the wrong form and that the correct from to send is the P634 form since Megatron has apparently been reclassed from "prohibited weapon" to "Imitation Firearm - collector". I sent them a photocopy of my club membership card to prove my club affiliation and that was sufficient however I needed to send them the correct form filled out as well. The fee is waived, in the fee section just write "Fee Exempt" and they will take care of the rest.

Thanks for paving the way fellas, good information to know for the future.

Gutsman Heavy
5th November 2012, 05:41 PM
Recommended alternatives to RK?

Sky Shadow
5th November 2012, 06:23 PM

I'm pretty sure you know all these, but BigBadToyStore, HobbyLinkJapan, AmiAmi and eBay are generally my first ports of call.

Gutsman Heavy
5th November 2012, 07:38 PM
AmiAmi is new to me, thanks!

theheretic
5th November 2012, 09:31 PM
Could someone tell me how tall FoC Optimus is and how tall FoC Bruticus is?

Bidoofdude
5th November 2012, 10:36 PM
Optimus is about 13.5 cm from the feet to the top of the shoulders. (shoulders are highest point. Not sure as I don't have brute.

GoktimusPrime
5th November 2012, 10:38 PM
Here: http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14192 :)

jazzcomp
5th November 2012, 11:27 PM
Anime export is used by some.

griffin
6th November 2012, 01:23 AM
ehobbybase is in HK too - prices are good, but limited stock, so get in quick on things.

griffin
6th November 2012, 01:26 AM

My Bruticus is 28cm, but can vary by a cm or two depending on how you put him together.

5FDP
6th November 2012, 08:41 AM
Has anyone received their FOC G2 Bruticus from Amazon yet or have even received an email saying that it's been shipped? I'm starting to sense that something is wrong especially considering most other online stores have received their stock not to mention it's been sighted locally at TRU stores.

I may consider cancelling my order if I hear nothing by the end of the week. I wouldn't pay $100 for it at TRU though.

theheretic
6th November 2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks Griffin and Bidoofdude. Wanted to figure out how big this WFC Omega Supreme is. According to all the pictures I've found of it with other toys in the picture it seems to be 3.4 FoC Optimus Primes tall. Putting its height to the top of the shoulders at just under 500mm. Surely he isn't that tall? How tall is Fort Max?

Sky Shadow
6th November 2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks Griffin and Bidoofdude. Wanted to figure out how big this WFC Omega Supreme is. According to all the pictures I've found of it with other toys in the picture it seems to be 3.4 FoC Optimus Primes tall. Putting its height to the top of the shoulders at just under 500mm. Surely he isn't that tall? How tall is Fort Max?

About 550mm.

SuspectimusPrime
6th November 2012, 12:40 PM
Has anyone received their FOC G2 Bruticus from Amazon yet or have even received an email saying that it's been shipped? I'm starting to sense that something is wrong especially considering most other online stores have received their stock not to mention it's been sighted locally at TRU stores.

I may consider cancelling my order if I hear nothing by the end of the week. I wouldn't pay $100 for it at TRU though.

Nope. If TRU has another good sale, I'd pick it up from them rather than wait for Amazon, since this so-called Amazon and BBTS exclusive seems to be turning up everywhere but Amazon.

5FDP
6th November 2012, 02:07 PM
Nope. If TRU has another good sale, I'd pick it up from them rather than wait for Amazon, since this so-called Amazon and BBTS exclusive seems to be turning up everywhere but Amazon.

Just checked and according to Amazon they won't receive stock until the middle of the month (November). They seriously need to reconsider where they get their stock from.

I've cancelled my pre-order.

Gutsman Heavy
6th November 2012, 06:39 PM
ehobbybase is in HK too - prices are good, but limited stock, so get in quick on things.

cheers griff

liegeprime
7th November 2012, 07:52 AM
Does anyone have the codes for the new Kreons?
I 'm asking so that when I scout for em This Friday I won't have to do the "feel test" and avoid ending up with doubles. Thanks

jazzcomp
7th November 2012, 08:16 AM
I 'm asking so that when I scout for em This Friday I won't have to do the "feel test" and avoid ending up with doubles. Thanks
Here they are from Skywarp's sale before:
Crankstart (rare) - A1010 (214510)
Galvatron (rare) - A1008 (214518)
Scorponok - A1011 (214511)
Spinister - A1007 (214517)
Sunstorm - A1009 (214519)
Waspinator - A1012 (214512)

Sky Shadow
7th November 2012, 08:19 AM

You know you wouldn't end up with doubles anyway, as long as you didn't buy two with the same number, Liege. :D

liegeprime
7th November 2012, 08:41 AM

griffin
7th November 2012, 02:20 PM
There's been quite a few people asking about the codes lately... we have a search feature at the top of the board guys - The codes have been mentioned in the Checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13011), the review topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14286), the news topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13992), and a few sightings posts by other members, if you search for "Kreon".

UltraMarginal
7th November 2012, 06:18 PM
There's been quite a few people asking about the codes lately... we have a search feature at the top of the board guys - The codes have been mentioned in the Checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13011), the review topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14286), the news topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13992), and a few sightings posts by other members, if you search for "Kreon".

and if you do a google search you'll find similar codes with the same last few digits for the american release of the same figures listed on TFW and Seibertron. There are codes eeveeryywheerree. (imagine I spun my head around while saying that, just like Woody in Toy story 1) :D

Gouki
8th November 2012, 03:29 PM
So... any ideas how a Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus compares to Voyager Classics Prime, height wise? Same with the deluxe Prime Ironhide?

Cat
8th November 2012, 06:22 PM
I'd wager Magnus as being taller than Classics Prime.

The Classics mold was halfway between deluxe and voyager size, after all.

SuspectimusPrime
8th November 2012, 06:37 PM
I'd wager Magnus as being taller than Classics Prime.

The Classics mold was halfway between deluxe and voyager size, after all.

Looks right based on these two images:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm306/AzrailAleback/Magnus/Magcomp1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KoV-HPX_Ro0/Ty7DH2wjyvI/AAAAAAAABOM/XJQAd-e6FdE/s1600/P2050004.JPG

Gouki
8th November 2012, 09:01 PM
Looks right based on these two images:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm306/AzrailAleback/Magnus/Magcomp1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KoV-HPX_Ro0/Ty7DH2wjyvI/AAAAAAAABOM/XJQAd-e6FdE/s1600/P2050004.JPG

Ah perfect, so he's a good size then. Could probably stand to be a little bigger but oh well.

I have to say I had no idea the classics Voyager Prime mould was 'small'. I'm looking at it next to some Deluxes and Ultra Onslaught and it all looks in scale (but then I am horrible with size class scale).

SharkyMcShark
10th November 2012, 11:07 PM
What is the release date for Generations Starscream? Initially when the proto was first revealed it was set at Spring 2013 (which is next Autumn for us), but I'm seeing it listed on multiple websites as available this month.

http://www.toywiz.com/generationstarscream.html

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/5538/

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22227&mode=retail

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TF2013GEN001&lang=us&CatID=

I know that the TT version is confirmed for around that time, but has there been any official word on whether its November or not for the Hasbro versioN?

griffin
11th November 2012, 06:12 PM
The rapid end to the first series of TFPrime seems to have prompted Hasbro to bring forward the release of Generations toys, so Starscream and others may well be out in the next month. (five months ago they said that Soundwave was meant to be out in January... but things change I guess)

theheretic
12th November 2012, 10:16 AM
Can anyone tell me (or better yet show me a side by side) if there is any difference between rid deluxe Vehicon and the Takara am version? Are there extra ports, differences in colour etc..

Cat
12th November 2012, 10:54 AM
There's a difference in his the clear plastic for his eyepiece.

As usual, the AM version also has stickers in place of a lot of paint apps (and some important ones, I've been told) and more ports.

theheretic
12th November 2012, 01:10 PM
There's a difference in his the clear plastic for his eyepiece.

As usual, the AM version also has stickers in place of a lot of paint apps (and some important ones, I've been told) and more ports.

Cool. Thanks for the help :-)

SuspectimusPrime
12th November 2012, 02:02 PM
Cool. Thanks for the help :-)

There seems to be one particularly annoying sticker that's supposed to go under the clear plastic in his chest, as seen here in Vangelus' build vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=conNMbA5Z6k&feature=plcp) (@11:36, goes for about 4 mins, uh, I had this very long vid playing in the background whilst doing some menial stuff). You don't have to go ahead and dismantle the whole chest unless you want the same affect as the RID version (which does look pretty nice :)).

theheretic
12th November 2012, 09:50 PM
Cool! Wish I'd seen this before I'd done my jet Vehicon.

spiderken17
13th November 2012, 04:09 PM
Can you transform RTS Bumblebee with out the stupid trailer? Does it look OK if it does?

UltraMarginal
13th November 2012, 04:27 PM
Looks better without in my opinion

Starscream77
13th November 2012, 04:51 PM
Looks better without in my opinion

Agree, I put the trailer in a draw as it's useless

SharkyMcShark
13th November 2012, 06:04 PM
The rapid end to the first series of TFPrime seems to have prompted Hasbro to bring forward the release of Generations toys, so Starscream and others may well be out in the next month. (five months ago they said that Soundwave was meant to be out in January... but things change I guess)

Thanks griff

Trent
13th November 2012, 06:19 PM
Where did they pull TM2 Meg's alt mode from? I mean really? A dragon? How do you go from a VTOL T-Rex on skates to a mythical creature that hasn't even been thought of yet?:confused:

Ode to a Grasshopper
13th November 2012, 07:58 PM
Because dragons are awesome, and it's hard to get much cooler than a VTOL T-Rex with roller skates without delving into mythological creatures or being Bill Watterson (http://rptd.ch/misc/funny/calvin_hobbes_trex_jet.jpg).
And by that point the alt-modes in BW had gotten a little silly TBH. TM2 Megs makes about as much sense as Optimal Optimus, and both make as much sense as TM2s in general. I like a lot of the toys but they ain't exactly the height of realism.

Trent
13th November 2012, 11:33 PM
Yes, but…

All the altmodes are based on actual creatures, even the fuzors are an amalgamation of 2 actual animals.

And then all of a sudden you have a dragon.:confused:

I have no problems with dragons. Or TM2 Megs. But (insert drama queen theatrics here), did they understand the line they were crossing? Did they hope to slip it past and no one would notice? Why didnt they throw in a Kraken while they were at it?

:p

Sky Shadow
13th November 2012, 11:59 PM
Yes, but…

All the altmodes are based on actual creatures, even the fuzors are an amalgamation of 2 actual animals.

There were dragons 180,000 years ago. Megatron killed them all.

True story.

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th November 2012, 12:40 AM
Yes, but…

I have no problems with dragons. Or TM2 Megs. But (insert drama queen theatrics here), did they understand the line they were crossing? Did they hope to slip it past and no one would notice? Why didnt they throw in a Kraken while they were at it?

:pSee point 1 (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InstantAwesomeJustAddDragons).:p

Cat
14th November 2012, 02:24 AM
Agree, I put the trailer in a draw as it's useless

Same. I've got a small army of trailers...

SuspectimusPrime
14th November 2012, 12:45 PM
Why didnt they throw in a Kraken while they were at it?

We NEED a Transforming Kraken :eek::eek:

UltraMarginal
14th November 2012, 01:07 PM

it could have been shockwave

Bidoofdude
14th November 2012, 08:47 PM
Is there some sort of accessory (3rd party or otherwise) that goes over Cybertron Supreme Starscream's torso and head to make FOC Metroplex?
Because that would be cool if there was one that I could get.

M-bot
18th November 2012, 12:15 PM
I'm wanting a TFTM-style Arcee. What mould would fit best in my classics collection? Third party included.

SuspectimusPrime
18th November 2012, 02:53 PM
I'm wanting a TFTM-style Arcee. What mould would fit best in my classics collection? Third party included.

For screen accuracy, I think the only choices are from third parties - Impossible Toys TRNS-01 or iGear Delicate Warrior (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/649667-arcee-igear-vs-impossible-toys.html). From the reviews I've read, you would definitely want the iGear version for much improved quality - Impossible Toys' version doesn't appear to stand properly due to its black heals being 1-2mm too short to reach the ground.

GoktimusPrime
18th November 2012, 10:38 PM
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Kraken :p Yeah, I know it's not really a Kraken... ah well d: d:

Bidoofdude
19th November 2012, 08:57 PM
Once again, (see above) I ask: Is there some type of third-party or official product that goes over Cybertron Supreme Starscream's head and torso to make FOC Metroplex? If there was I would love to get it as I don't want to ruin my Screamer by customising.

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2012, 09:42 PM
AFAIK, no.

SuspectimusPrime
19th November 2012, 09:55 PM
Once again, (see above) I ask: Is there some type of third-party or official product that goes over Cybertron Supreme Starscream's head and torso to make FOC Metroplex? If there was I would love to get it as I don't want to ruin my Screamer by customising.

I don't believe so. Cybertron Supreme Starcream may be too old a figure for third parties to aim their limited resources at to update into a FOC Metroplex. Most recent upgrade sets are aimed at official releases that are relatively new, therefore have mass availability. This is important to third party upgrade markers as they are really targeting a small market of people willing to buy third party products within a market.

For a niche market upgrade, you may have better luck having your fingers crossed for some talented 3D modeller to create an upgrade set via Shapeways, although a piece of plastic large enough to go over Supreme Starscream's head and torso would be quite costly (seeing how a Targetmaster sized fig's worth of plastic is about $15 excluding shipping).

Hope that helps :)

M-bot
20th November 2012, 09:44 AM
>snip< ...iGear Delicate Warrior. From the reviews I've read, you would definitely want the iGear version for much improved quality...

Many thanks Suspectimus. I think Delicate Warrior's the go but... damn! Wasn't expecting the prices I've seen so far. Around $105 shipped from a few different sources I've found. All keep an eye out.

SuspectimusPrime
20th November 2012, 05:17 PM
Many thanks Suspectimus. I think Delicate Warrior's the go but... damn! Wasn't expecting the prices I've seen so far. Around $105 shipped from a few different sources I've found. All keep an eye out.

That's the same reason why I don't own one, yet! I've noticed that prices have remained stagnated for the last year or so. So I'm not in much of a hurry to jump on this one yet - it's still one of the earlier third party figures to come out and the more recent designs have been of better value.

Paulbot
20th November 2012, 09:28 PM
She's not perfect, but Animated Arcee doesn't look too bad in a TFTM type group shot. This is a pics of STL's figures, including Fanprojects stuff that I took a while ago.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1gwcjLPM41qbguy1o1_500.jpg

SuspectimusPrime
20th November 2012, 10:44 PM
She's not perfect, but Animated Arcee doesn't look too bad in a TFTM type group shot. This is a pics of STL's figures, including Fanprojects stuff that I took a while ago.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1gwcjLPM41qbguy1o1_500.jpg

That's a good point, especially if someone ends up doing a remoulded head (via Shapeways?) to de-Animate the Animated head :)

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2012, 08:53 AM
Yeah, Animated Arcee's the closest legit toy to a G1 Arcee, and a better action figure than Not-Arcee IMHO. The latter may look more like G1 Arcee, but it's a terrible toy to play with (again, JMO).

Bidoofdude: have you considered Cybertron Metroplex?

Gouki
21st November 2012, 10:28 AM
I don't think Animated Arcee actually stands out in that photo. There a multitude of styles in that group and they all mesh and blend rather well.

Bidoofdude
22nd November 2012, 11:38 AM
I could mod some stuff if I get Metroplex and add them to Screamer.

drahsrebu
23rd November 2012, 08:04 PM
Anyone ever had a kreo tf decide to jump off a 2 m high bookcase? Needless to say, but parts of sentinel were every where. I do however suspect that kreo megs pushed him....:rolleyes:

Megatron
23rd November 2012, 09:44 PM
Anyone ever had a kreo tf decide to jump off a 2 m high bookcase? Needless to say, but parts of sentinel were every where. I do however suspect that kreo megs pushed him....:rolleyes:

lol :D

GoktimusPrime
23rd November 2012, 10:08 PM
Either that or Lemmings in Disguise :p

Kapryiath
23rd November 2012, 10:15 PM
cant say i have, but i did build a kreo bumblebee for my nephew on his birthday that some unkind soul had bought him , hours of effort later ( what can i say i'm not the best at impromptu lego building on a couch ) he was complete ... until a few days later when he knocked it off the bench :( one unhappy kappy here all that effort!!! certainly put me off the line

drahsrebu
24th November 2012, 01:01 AM
Either that or Lemmings in Disguise :p

...LID??:D

Mythirax
25th November 2012, 09:51 PM
I've tried forum searching for this question, but I can't find any results for my specific question :(

I'm going out tomorrow to buy a handful of Kre-o Transformer minifigures. I know there is 6 different ones, and have also noticed at the bottom of the front of the packages, there are a few different number combinations.

So my question is, can I test my luck with trying for 6 different combinations, or is there another way to do this? Or am I just going to have to actually blind pick and cross my fingers?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it :(

Thanks guys :D

Mythirax
25th November 2012, 10:34 PM
Solved, some backlog searching found me the answers (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/kreon-microchangers-inpackage-pics-plus-how-to-identify-blind-packaged-kreons/25372/).

Sky Shadow
25th November 2012, 10:48 PM
Maybe we need a FAQ on this. :)

The codes have been mentioned in the Checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13011), the review topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14286), the news topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13992), and a few sightings posts by other members, if you search for "Kreon".

Mythirax
25th November 2012, 11:11 PM
Maybe we need a FAQ on this. :)

Damn, I was typing in "kre-o" and couldn't find anything.

Sky Shadow
25th November 2012, 11:14 PM
Damn, I was typing in "kre-o" and couldn't find anything.

That's actually fair enough - the OTCA search engine only works on words of four letters long or bigger, and it seems to treat "Kre-o" as a three-letter word and a one-letter word, which I suspect is why people can't find the information. :)

Mythirax
25th November 2012, 11:33 PM
That's actually fair enough - the OTCA search engine only works on words of four letters long or bigger, and it seems to treat "Kre-o" as a three-letter word and a one-letter word, which I suspect is why people can't find the information. :)

Well that makes sense :) - Regardless, thanks a bunch for the info :D

Starscream77
26th November 2012, 10:57 AM
Anyone happen to know the release date for MP Red Alert ?

Kazza
26th November 2012, 11:19 AM
Anyone happen to know the release date for MP Red Alert ?

It's scheduled for mid december, so assuming around the 15th

griffin
27th November 2012, 01:40 AM
I think it was being released with Soundwave, so could either be December 15 (old date), or January 26 (new Soundwave date).

theheretic
1st December 2012, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know if these are for RiD or FE?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=dr%20wu

GoktimusPrime
6th December 2012, 09:15 PM
I'm trying to create a Transformers Katakana chart, but I can't think of any Transformers whose names beginning with "Nu" or "Ya". Help please!

Gouki
11th December 2012, 10:42 PM
Are there autobot bases/large attack stations, outside the Laser Optimus Prime mould, that have a reasonably posesable robot carrier?

In my main display I expanded Black Convoys trailer for the first.time since movi.g and have deluxes and others all over it and it look cool and makes it less.cluttered sp I was hoping for an autobot counterpart with a different mould to that.

Slag
14th December 2012, 11:17 AM
Does anyone know anything about Joustra Diaclones. Are the just as good as the rest?
aaaand does anyone have any suggestions for a new pair of shoes for Diaclone drivers. I've tried fridge seal magnets but they're just too crumbly.. keeping in mind that i don't have mad skills when it comes to customizing:D

oops, missed a "Y":o

UltraMarginal
14th December 2012, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know if these are for RiD or FE?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=dr%20wu

Given that there was something similar sold with the FE prime and the RID voyager prime only has that craptastic mechtec weapon I'd suggest they're for the PRIDe Version. but I haven't read that anywhere.

I'm trying to create a Transformers Katakana chart, but I can't think of any Transformers whose names beginning with "Nu" or "Ya". Help please!

Does anyone know anything about Joustra Diaclones. Are the just as good as the rest?
aaaand does anyone have any suggestions for a new pair of shoes for Diaclone drivers. I've tried fridge seal magnets but they're just too crumbly.. keeping in mind that i don't have mad skills when it comes to customizing:D

Way out of my depth folks
:o

Are there autobot bases/large attack stations, outside the Laser Optimus Prime mould, that have a reasonably posesable robot carrier?

In my main display I expanded Black Convoys trailer for the first.time since movi.g and have deluxes and others all over it and it look cool and makes it less.cluttered sp I was hoping for an autobot counterpart with a different mould to that.

I don't think there has been one since then. except for perhaps Masterpiece primes. the only large stations I can think of are Fort Max, Metroplex and Powermaster Prime, none of those have a robot carrier, or in the case of Powermaster Prime, much articulation.

spiderken17
14th December 2012, 08:59 PM
Following my Camshaft being a Rotary powered car question.
Why is the Stunticon who is clearly a Grand Prix car called Dragstrip? He is a car that would never race on a dragstrip because its a circuit car.

GoktimusPrime
14th December 2012, 09:57 PM
Beats being called Scattor or Tankor. :p

theheretic
15th December 2012, 02:20 PM
What's a good company that will forward items from the USA? I want to get some stuff from TRU USA but they won't ship what I want to Australia.

kup
15th December 2012, 07:10 PM
What should I do with my Classics Constructicon Devastator? After Maketoys Giant, he has become mega redundant and fits nowhere in my collection that I can see.

I don't want to sell it though as he is part of my 'first gen' Classics Collection but I am wondering if anyone has any idea where he should fit in my display? Note that I don't collect A/E/C toys (although I have several 'classicized' repaints like Botcons, etc)

If I can't fit him anywhere, he will most probably go back in package and shelved which is kinda sad.

Since it is an older and fairly rare release (US only), here is a pic for reference:

http://shmax.com/img/transformers/large/6000/6720.jpg

griffin
15th December 2012, 07:22 PM
What's a good company that will forward items from the USA? I want to get some stuff from TRU USA but they won't ship what I want to Australia.

I've used PriceUSA (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12843) 5 times in the last year. They are easy to use, reliable, and have great communication. Pricing isn't too bad, but they can only give an estimate before they receive your items (you pre-pay for the items, and then pay the shipping when they get it and know exactly how much it will cost).

There are also some other options listed here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11532).

BigTransformerTrev
15th December 2012, 10:38 PM

I find www.bigbadtoystore.com to be quite good - I buy a lot of TF's from their site

GoktimusPrime
15th December 2012, 11:18 PM
What should I do with my Classics Constructicon Devastator? After Maketoys Giant, he has become mega redundant and fits nowhere in my collection that I can see.

I don't want to sell it though as he is part of my 'first gen' Classics Collection but I am wondering if anyone has any idea where he should fit in my display? Note that I don't collect A/E/C toys (although I have several 'classicized' repaints like Botcons, etc)

If I can't fit him anywhere, he will most probably go back in package and shelved which is kinda sad.
IMO if you ain't using that toy, offload it.

kup
16th December 2012, 01:37 AM

I don't wan to ;) I will shelf him since he no longer fits in my collection but I want to keep him.

Trent
16th December 2012, 09:06 AM

I agree. What's the point of keeping a TF that does nothing for you? Throwing it in a dark part of a cupboard and forgetting about it seems a bit wasteful.

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2012, 09:11 AM
Or maybe they can be repurposed as Classicsverse Decepticon Sixbuilder (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Decepticon_Sixbuilder) in the Kupverse?

SuspectimusPrime
16th December 2012, 11:10 AM
Or maybe they can be repurposed as Classicsverse Decepticon Sixbuilder (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Decepticon_Sixbuilder) in the Kupverse?

It would be quite difficult to get over the 'six' in Sixbuilder :p

Otherwise maybe Actionmaster Devastator? Set him build to TFCC Thundercracker, Botcon Slicer and Botcon Kick Off?

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2012, 04:32 PM
It would be quite difficult to get over the 'six' in Sixbuilder :p
Lol, true that. :) Then again Alpha Quintesson only has three faces and yet he's still called a Quint... I guess Triesson doesn't have the same ring to it. :p

Or maybe stick the box on a different location away from the Classicsverse toy -- that way you can still enjoy the toys for what they are without needing to "actively view" them as part of Classicsverse (at least in terms of not seeing them side by side). I recently moved my WFC/FOC toys off my Classicsverse shelves and onto their own shelf.

Bidoofdude
16th December 2012, 04:50 PM
What's the current situation with the g1 Shockwave mold. Does Toybox even exist anymore and what exactly is stopping them, in a little more depth. Are they even going to use that mold?
I am quite puzzled, as all I have heard is that the rights belong to Toybox or whatever.
Could someone please elaborate on this? Thanks! (I know it'll be you Gok)

Bidoofdude
16th December 2012, 04:58 PM
Do you think if I order Foc Grimlock on RK now, that it will get here before boxing day, as I am doing something after that? It's a risk, but I want to know if it can get here in about 10ish days, judging by RK delivery. Please help.

SharkyMcShark
16th December 2012, 05:28 PM
If you get the EMS delivery it should be here by the end of the week - I've found their shipping to be quite swift in this regard.

Bidoofdude
16th December 2012, 06:02 PM
Is EMS expensive?

Kazza
16th December 2012, 06:50 PM
Even with standard registered air mail delivery, i've gotten items within 5 business days (this is when i put an order through on a sunday and they send it off following morning) but yes it may be between 1-2 weeks, EMS is the most expensive option but you will see the item within 2-5 days 100%. As for cost, it varies depending on size, looking at $22.67 and an additional $5.57 for insurance if you want it.

Bidoofdude
16th December 2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah, EMS is only $22, which means I can get it quickly for a little more than retail, at an earlier time.
As I said, I will be busy after boxing day and this looks good as I can get it before then.

Trent
16th December 2012, 10:13 PM
Would I be correct to assume that the transmetal Megatron that came in the 2 pack with TM Primal is the same as the JP TM Megs in that it does not suffer from GPS?

kup
16th December 2012, 10:20 PM

Not bad..

That's the real reason why I asked! :) To get ideas aside from shelving him.

Too bad he is only a Fivebuilder :(

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2012, 10:52 PM
Would I be correct to assume that the transmetal Megatron that came in the 2 pack with TM Primal is the same as the JP TM Megs in that it does not suffer from GPS?
JP Metals Megatron does not suffer from BPS at all. The toy was available either in a two back^pack with Metals Convoy, or individually.

Here's what the versus set looks like (http://edea.shop25.makeshop.jp/shopimages/edea/007001000006.jpg)
Here's what Megatron on his own looks like (http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/pics/game/607018695.jpg)
I got Megatron by himself since my TM Optimus Primal remains fine.

Not bad..

That's the real reason why I asked! :) To get ideas aside from shelving him.

Too bad he is only a Fivebuilder :(
Suspend disbelief? Or maybe imagine that the sixth member died. :p Or get a spare Energon Constructicon limb member (Hasbro versions would sold individually) as the 6th member... he could be the "useless spare tyre" of your Sixbuilder team, ya know, like Aquaman. :D

Trent
16th December 2012, 11:00 PM
JP Metals Megatron does not suffer from BPS at all. The toy was available either in a two back with Metals Convoy, or individually.

Here's what the versus set looks like (http://edea.shop25.makeshop.jp/shopimages/edea/007001000006.jpg)
Here's what Megatron on his own looks like (http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/pics/game/607018695.jpg)
I got Megatron by himself since my TM Optimus Primal remains fine.

Cheers Gok. 'Twas as I suspected! :D

Bidoofdude
17th December 2012, 01:37 PM
I have been trying to call various TRUs, such as highpoint and chadstone, but am receiving no answer. Is there something wrong or something that I'm doing wrong?

Kazza
17th December 2012, 05:29 PM
I have been trying to call various TRUs, such as highpoint and chadstone, but am receiving no answer. Is there something wrong or something that I'm doing wrong?

Gotta let it ring more than 7 rings, when i call them i let it ring out to about 50 times. :rolleyes:

Bidoofdude
17th December 2012, 05:40 PM
Don't worry, everything's sorted.

Kazza
17th December 2012, 05:55 PM
Don't worry, everything's sorted.

Got them to hold one for you?

Bidoofdude
17th December 2012, 08:29 PM
Nope. Last one got snatched. That's it for VIC. Should have held it!
I'm really in strife now. It's NSW now or $215 on evilbay. (postage included)

Kazza
17th December 2012, 09:20 PM
Nope. Last one got snatched. That's it for VIC. Should have held it!
I'm really in strife now. It's NSW now or $215 on evilbay. (postage included)

Hmm one from US will only cost about $160-$180.

Bidoofdude
17th December 2012, 09:29 PM
Really? Including postage? I couldn't reserve, since they wouldn't pickup when I called again.

GoktimusPrime
17th December 2012, 09:43 PM
Bidoofdude, don't bother with individual TRU outlets now -- call Toys R Us Australia Head Office -- explain your situation to them and get them to directly source an MP Optimus Prime to you!!! Here's their number: 1300 8697 787

Tell them that you've been looking for this toy for over 2 months now, and you've all the TRUs around you and they've all reported being out of stock. TRU Head Office should be able to source one for you from one of their interstate stores. No need for you to pay for postage if TRU head office can source it straight to you. That's what they told me that they could do when I called them on October 11.

Bidoofdude
17th December 2012, 10:04 PM
I will do that. Does that mean they will send it, or they will tell me a store?

GoktimusPrime
17th December 2012, 10:36 PM
I can't remember exactly, best to give them a call and ask them directly. It's worth a shot if it means saving money on shipping... the toy's already pretty expensive as it is without it.

Jetfire in the sky
17th December 2012, 10:45 PM
They should be able to send it to your nearest store in a regular shipment, just like ordering or getting a rain check from the store.

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th December 2012, 12:46 AM
Does the new Ultra Magnus (G1) Hasbro reissue version come with those stupidly long missiles?

Gouki
19th December 2012, 07:29 AM
I didn't even know there was a reissue coming, but yeah shortened smoke stokes, elongated missiles sounds right.

Ode to a Grasshopper
19th December 2012, 08:53 AM
If you mean the upcoming one, then...apparently nope. It's supposed to have short missiles and long smokestacks (http://tformers.com/transformers-g1-ultra-magnus-new/19045/news.html).:cool:
If you mean the old Hasbro one, then yep - long missiles, short stacks.

griffin
19th December 2012, 11:27 AM
I think the reissue re-releases are being done by Hasbro Asia, so since they aren't being released to US retailers, they don't need the "safety" adjustments.

Bidoofdude
19th December 2012, 11:40 AM
I can confirm that. Short missiles and long stacks.

Paulbot
19th December 2012, 11:47 AM
There are people on Ode's link that are commenting that's it's not the case. Has the reissue Ultra Magnus actually been released yet? RK has it rather cheap but perhaps they and BBTS (the examples on that link) are getting rid of older Hasbro US stock first?

Bidoofdude
19th December 2012, 11:54 AM
Yes, there seems to be two seperate orders. One of them is old, long missiled stock and the other is the re-release. I'm pretty sure I saw two different orders on RK.

Slag
19th December 2012, 08:17 PM
I was going to put this in the KO thread but it appears that Radio Shack Galactic man is a licensed product?.

Does anyone own this guy and is the quality just as good as G1 Shockwave.
I'm thinking i need to get one.
Was he a pre-TF???
cheers.

Bidoofdude
19th December 2012, 08:32 PM
He is a pre-tf toy and seems to be on par with quality, AFAIK. He is quite a rare find in box and is worthy to be displayed anywhere. The only thing different is colours and detailing.
We call this: "Shackwave", as it was a Radio Shack exclusive toy (legit) and was the only Shockwave mold release seen in Australia, as Gok will probably point out.:p:)

GoktimusPrime
19th December 2012, 09:50 PM
I was going to put this in the KO thread but it appears that Radio Shack Galactic man is a licensed product?.
Correct.

Does anyone own this guy and is the quality just as good as G1 Shockwave.
I'm thinking i need to get one.
Was he a pre-TF???
cheers.
I used to own one - he was my G1 Shockwave when I was a kid. :) Quality's the same, but different colours, and also a mould variation - the trigger. Hasbro had Shockwave's trigger completely retooled, possibly to make it look less phallic in robot mode.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/shackwave.jpg
My Shackwave had red transparent plastic parts though (whereas the Shackwave in that photo has clear, and Shockwave is lavender).

Jetfire in the sky
19th December 2012, 10:27 PM
Hasbro had Shockwave's trigger completely retooled, possibly to make it look less phallic in robot mode.

tooled and phallic hehe

Yes I am 12 years old :p

Slag
20th December 2012, 01:57 AM
He is a pre-tf toy and seems to be on par with quality, AFAIK. He is quite a rare find in box and is worthy to be displayed anywhere. The only thing different is colours and detailing.
We call this: "Shackwave", as it was a Radio Shack exclusive toy (legit) and was the only Shockwave mold release seen in Australia, as Gok will probably point out.:p:)

Correct.

I used to own one - he was my G1 Shockwave when I was a kid. :) Quality's the same, but different colours, and also a mould variation - the trigger. Hasbro had Shockwave's trigger completely retooled, possibly to make it look less phallic in robot mode.

My Shackwave had red transparent plastic parts though (whereas the Shackwave in that photo has clear, and Shockwave is lavender).

Cheers guys. Well.. Take that!! My ,so called, savings account.:cool:

you going down.:p

5FDP
20th December 2012, 09:41 AM
Not following Kre-O's at all but read this news story over on TFW this morning - Kre-O Micro Changers Combiners Bruticus In-Hand Pictures (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/kre-o-42/kre-o-micro-changers-combiners-bruticus-in-hand-pictures-176529/). What I would like to know is are they being released here, can you buy them all together or are they sold separately and if so, are they in blind packets? Hadn't had any interest in these until now but I like what I see.

Gouki
20th December 2012, 11:35 AM
If it's an actual set, and not just the blindpacked figures, I doubt it. I can't think of a Transformers product that (unfairly) bombed as bad as Kre-O did here.

Hope I'm wrong though, it looks pretty cool.

griffin
20th December 2012, 01:21 PM
The combiners come in boxes, separate to the blind-packed individual figures.
As such, I noted in this news item (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15050), the various boxsets and blind-packs you need if you want the "complete" Teams. (you just don't need those extra blind-pack figures when building the combiners in the boxsets)

5FDP
20th December 2012, 01:42 PM
OK... so to have a complete set of Combaticons I have to have already bought Blast Off which comes in blind-packaged in a separate wave however he is not required to form Bruticus? :confused: Man, that's confusing. If that's the case, I don't know if I can be bothered. Might turn to eBay to buy the 'complete' set (including Blast Off) depending on prices people are asking for them.

Bidoofdude
20th December 2012, 02:06 PM
Is G1/reissue Mixmaster's barrel able to be removed, in case there needs to be a replacement or a differently coloured one placed onto it.
Thanks a bunch. :)

Slag
20th December 2012, 06:20 PM
Is G1/reissue Mixmaster's barrel able to be removed, in case there needs to be a replacement or a differently coloured one placed onto it.
Thanks a bunch. :)

The G1 one is easily removed to be replaced by the purple one supplied in some of the upgrade kits.

Bidoofdude
20th December 2012, 06:21 PM
Ok, thanks a bunch.

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th December 2012, 11:21 PM
I didn't even know there was a reissue coming, but yeah shortened smoke stokes, elongated missiles sounds right.

If you mean the upcoming one, then...apparently nope. It's supposed to have short missiles and long smokestacks (http://tformers.com/transformers-g1-ultra-magnus-new/19045/news.html).:cool:
If you mean the old Hasbro one, then yep - long missiles, short stacks.

I think the reissue re-releases are being done by Hasbro Asia, so since they aren't being released to US retailers, they don't need the "safety" adjustments.

I can confirm that. Short missiles and long stacks.
This is good news thanks chaps. I got impatient and ordered one from RK before seeing the answers anyway:p

kup
21st December 2012, 09:34 AM
OK... so to have a complete set of Combaticons I have to have already bought Blast Off which comes in blind-packaged in a separate wave however he is not required to form Bruticus? :confused: Man, that's confusing. If that's the case, I don't know if I can be bothered. Might turn to eBay to buy the 'complete' set (including Blast Off) depending on prices people are asking for them.

They sure know how to ruin a potentially fun thing.

liegeprime
21st December 2012, 10:47 AM
Anybody know when exactly is the next Parramatta Fair is on February? Just need to make sure I request it on my roster to be day off. Our rosters are made 2 months ahead so I gotta keep an eye early. Cheers!

Bidoofdude
21st December 2012, 02:08 PM
Is the united Rodimus Convoy good, in terms of colours and paint apps.
I already have the mold, in the form of RTS Hot Rod, and I was wondering if it is worth getting for a good Rodimus Prime/Convoy in classicsverse, becuase RTS isn't as good to look at.

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st December 2012, 05:25 PM
I was playing with FOC Bruticus last night and could not for the life of me work out how Vortex can be a leg. There was no obvious way to give him a foot. The conclusion I came to was just plug him in as a helicopter.

Pretty much the same with blast-off too.(Except space shuttle, not chopper)

Anyoone got any good configs? It's a shame as Swindle and Brawl both make good legs and arms, but the fliers, only arms...

Starscream77
22nd December 2012, 07:41 PM
Anybody know when exactly is the next Parramatta Fair is on February? Just need to make sure I request it on my roster to be day off. Our rosters are made 2 months ahead so I gotta keep an eye early. Cheers!

Feb 17 Liege

5FDP
23rd December 2012, 08:14 PM
Re-watched TF:TM for the 22,357 time yesterday (it's a Xmas tradition) and realised that when (spoiler alert for those 26 years late to the party) Prime died and handed Magnus the Matrix, it just slotted straight into his chest like he had a spot reserved for it which got me thinking... are all Transformers built with a cavity in their chests to hold the Matrix if they become the Chosen One?

GoktimusPrime
24th December 2012, 09:03 AM
Sssh! It's cos he's really a repaint of Optimus Prime. :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th December 2012, 10:22 PM
Re-watched TF:TM for the 22,357 time yesterday (it's a Xmas tradition) and realised that when (spoiler alert for those 26 years late to the party) Prime died and handed Magnus the Matrix, it just slotted straight into his chest like he had a spot reserved for it which got me thinking... are all Transformers built with a cavity in their chests to hold the Matrix if they become the Chosen One?

Hmm, good point. Maybe the matrix does some inta-reformatting. Or All Transformers have a matrix cavity like we have appendixes (so they can keep the surprise). Rodimus juts plops it in there too. Although he did change into Rodimus though.

I agree with Gok though. It's coz he is a white Optimus;)

liegeprime
25th December 2012, 06:59 AM
Feb 17 Liege

THANKS!! :))

Kapryiath
25th December 2012, 09:34 PM
question, mp-05 the black connector for his cannon thing on his left arm , is it removable? is an eye sore !

liegeprime
26th December 2012, 11:50 PM
Left arm? or the right arm? the one used to attach the Fusion cannon? nope that's not removable.

Jetfire in the sky
28th December 2012, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know the reason behind the way G1 Wheeljack's doors open? It doesn't represent how they would open in real life, or are they supposed to be like that in robot mode (I am still waiting for some instructions in the mail) I had him when I was little but am pretty sure the doors aren't in the instructions.

5FDP
28th December 2012, 08:49 PM
Does anyone know the reason behind the way G1 Wheeljack's doors open? It doesn't represent how they would open in real life, or are they supposed to be like that in robot mode (I am still waiting for some instructions in the mail) I had him when I was little but am pretty sure the doors aren't in the instructions.

I just checked and it's step 3 in the instructions. It's to give him a slimmer waist I suppose, for aesthetic reasons.

If you ever need to reference the instructions, Botch's site (http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/instructions/) is handy to bookmark :)

Jetfire in the sky
28th December 2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks heaps, forgot about Botch's site. :)
If Autobots could fly I reckon the doors being back give him an added "wing" look with his normal wings. Just playing with one I got today it's a 90's Classic version otherwise I wouldn't be touching it. MIB original G1 on its way soon :D

Mythirax
29th December 2012, 02:19 AM
Trying to figure out which Cybertronian language this is, if any. I've gone through countless character sets now and can't find one that matches these symbols at all. Anyone know?

http://i.imgur.com/CDOU6.png

(The text above and below "Robots in Disguise")

GoktimusPrime
29th December 2012, 08:59 AM
I believe that's the Cybertronian script devised by movie concept artist Ben Procter. Now, assuming that it's an approximation of the modern Roman Alphabet (as most Cybertronian texts miraculously seem to be :p), then it basically says: A B C D E F G H A D A B C D E F G H A D

Mythirax
29th December 2012, 10:15 AM
I believe that's the Cybertronian script devised by movie concept artist Ben Procter. Now, assuming that it's an approximation of the modern Roman Alphabet (as most Cybertronian texts miraculously seem to be :p), then it basically says: A B C D E F G H A D A B C D E F G H A D

Damn, was hoping this one maybe had a little more meaning to it. Or at least said something worth while :D

kup
29th December 2012, 11:00 AM
question, mp-05 the black connector for his cannon thing on his left arm , is it removable? is an eye sore !

The canon is removable but the connector is not unless you disassemble.

Kapryiath
29th December 2012, 09:01 PM
might have to have a go at some screws and see where i get to its such an eyesore

autobreadticon
30th December 2012, 05:37 PM
heya, how would one remove the head of TFCC runamuck/runabout from its deluxe body. I know that you need to remove the screw and detach the head from the ball socket, is this the same for the TFCC deluxe toy, cheers

want to add the head to this configuration

Tetsuwan Convoy
31st December 2012, 06:22 PM
So could G1 Motormaster be considered the first Nemesis Prime? After all he has the purple and black combination, is a truck, was a direct rival to Optimus (in the cartoon at the very least and Bio too) and he is also a commander.

Really all he is lacking is the name.

GoktimusPrime
31st December 2012, 06:49 PM
Someone once photoshopped a scan of a G1 catalogue changing all the names saying "What if G1 names were made by Hasbro today?" and Motormaster was called Nemesis Prime (Breakdown was Brakedown, and others had really goofy names :p). But yes, he's effectively the first Decepticon rival for Optimus Prime. His tech specs profile mentions it too, as he wants to show up Optimus Prime as "king of the road."

As far as an evil clone/duplicate of Optimus Prime, there was that replica Optimus Prime head that Shockwave made that - once attached to Optimus Prime's body, made him attack the Autobots. In the G1 cartoon the Decepticons made a clone of Optimus Prime that tried to lead the Autobots into a trap. Car Robot's Black Convoy (RiD Scourge) was the first "corrupted clone" of Optimus Prime (Fire Convoy) and portrayed as a "mirror opposite" of Optimus. In Car Robot, one of Fire Convoy's iconic lines is, "Until the ends of the universe I will absolutely heed the call of justice," whereas when Black Convoy first emerges from his stasis pod the first thing he says is, "Until the ends of the universe I will absolutely heed the call of evil." Or something to that effect (I haven't seen Car Robot in years... I really should have my tapes converted to disc)

GoktimusPrime
1st January 2013, 02:06 PM
From here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=333603&postcount=3159)

Not that I know of, no.
On a side note, is DOTM Thundercracker worth getting for a g1-esque TC for my collection. (already have generations)
Nah, I'd just stick with Generations Thundercracker for something G1 flavoured. :)