PDA

View Full Version : So they released a Titan Metroplex...

CyberiusPrime
5th August 2014, 08:25 PM
Well as the title says, they did release a titan class metroplex (got mine recently and very happy with it). However to return balance to the force, i wonder will they release a titan Trypticon?

Anyways me personally i would love to have this setup it would make for a very good us vs them battle, at the moment i have nothing which is even close to menacing size as Metro.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Trent
5th August 2014, 08:28 PM
Hasbro stated at Botcon that the Titan line wasn't finished yet. But now you know as much as the rest of us.

CyberiusPrime
5th August 2014, 08:32 PM
Yes i did hear that, but as soon as i saw that piece of news, i just assumed it would be a release of Omega Supreme.

Hasbro stated at Botcon that the Titan line wasn't finished yet. But now you know as much as the rest of us.

CBratron
5th August 2014, 08:35 PM
Trypticon, Scorpinok, Fort Max, Omega Supreme.
Take your pick.

Defcon
5th August 2014, 08:54 PM
I think Trypticon is a definite, considering we had Dinobots in the movie this year, not to mention also he is practically a transformer Godzilla!! they could really push it. I also would love Omega Supreme, as there are quite a few ideas they could work with. Scorponok would be pretty cool, I mean if there isn't an Encore version planned to match Fortress, we at least need a generations release :D

Sky Shadow
5th August 2014, 09:00 PM
Trypticon, Scorpinok, Fort Max, Omega Supreme.
Take your pick.

Overlord, Grandus, Star Convoy, Sky Garry, Dai Atlas, Gigastorm, Metrotitan, Black Zarak, some other robots named Maximus...

Zommael
5th August 2014, 09:38 PM
Metrotitan or a remold of Metroplex as Fortress Maximus seems more likely than Trypticon, but we can hope.

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2014, 10:17 PM
We all vote with our wallets. :o The only way we can vote 'Yes' for more Titans is to purchase a Generations Metroplex. I've cast my vote. ;)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Metroplex/th_gen_metroplex10_zps02e66c20.jpg

MayzaPrime
5th August 2014, 10:27 PM
We all vote with our wallets. :o The only way we can vote 'Yes' for more Titans is to purchase a Generations Metroplex. I've cast my vote. ;)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Metroplex/th_gen_metroplex10_zps02e66c20.jpg

Spot on... I voted twice :D

CyberiusPrime
5th August 2014, 10:50 PM
Spot on... I voted twice :D

Yes, my wallet has opened and i too have voted :)
Twice? Impressive Mayza

1AZRAEL1
5th August 2014, 10:55 PM
Yes, my wallet has opened and i too have voted :)
Twice? Impressive Mayza

I too voted twice :D

One was done up as a custom from m-bot and he looks fantastic :D

liegeprime
5th August 2014, 11:28 PM
As much as I voted twice on Hasbro version Metroplex, Hasbro I know doesn't give a damn....:p:p

My pick if ever is hopefully they do make a Trypticon to match.... the 3rd party companies would have a field day on making accessories for it hahahaha. Knowing Hasbro, they'd scrimp on the accessories most likely a barebones Trypty which is fine by me as long as they leave a lot of areas /5mm, 3 mm ports so we can use other weapons (Mechtech or otherwise). Something akin to Gigastorm =:D it's Trypticon but not quite haha

theshape
5th August 2014, 11:34 PM
Apparently Metroplex didnt sell as well as they would have liked (according to a podcast i listend too -dude mentioned the heavy discounts at the Costco stores). We didnt see another repaint (besides the CCon and Takara one). Hopefully this doesnt mean the end of this size class :confused:

M-bot
6th August 2014, 12:15 PM
I too voted twice :D

One was done up as a custom from m-bot and he looks fantastic :D

Haha, I voted 3 times, but one of my votes has been claimed by Azrael :p
Another of those 3 is my Metrotitan custom, so I'm kinda hoping that the next Titan class toy is not Metrotitan...:eek:

BigTransformerTrev
6th August 2014, 04:43 PM
I voted only once, but glad I voted

Out of the most discussed possible new Titan figures, I think Trypticon is the most likely. These days they tend to tie in with whoever is the most popular in the comics and games with the Generations toyline.

In recent Trypticon was in Monstrosity and depicted as titan size. He appeared in the last 3 console games (admittedly deactivated/transformerd in the last two), also titan size. He also just got a Kre-O figure (opposite of titan size I guess :p). I think if he was to put in another showing in the IDW'verse, maybe in the sequel to Monstrosity or in the universes current era, it may just push the scales enough for Hasbro to make a figure of him.

Fort Max and Scorponok are currently not in any games and are not currently in any IDW storylines (though Scorp was also in Monstrosity and Fort Max in ealrlier MTMTE), plus when they were they were just really big bots, not alot bigger than Ultra Magnus. It's possible that the hype surrounding the reissue of G1 Fort Max, the current non-transformable huge 3rd party Scorponok and the Scorponok Botcon release may bring these characters to Hasbro's attention but I think it would take more than that to get them their own official titan-class figure.

Omega Supreme got a remould of his Energon figure as part of the Thrilling 30 based on his WFC robot mode so I don't think we'll get another one of him yet, let alone Titan class.

That said - I'd buy all 4! :D

For rough scale I'd like to see:

Gigantic Class: Primus & Unicron
Titian Class: Metroplex, Tryticon, Fortress Maximus & Scorponok
Supreme Class: Omega Supreme (G1 oriented)
Combiner class: (maybe a bit bigger than FOC Bruticus but slightly smaller than Supreme class Omega Supreme) All of the G1 Combiners. Also of approximate size - Sky Lynx
Leader Class: Overlord and Broadside

Imagine the display you could set up with that lot! :D:eek::D

DELTAprime
6th August 2014, 06:03 PM

I cast my vote, over priced limited edition ACG Con Metroplex. Unfortunately it obviously didn't sell well enough to warrant more Hasbro made ACG Con exclusives. So I'm guessing I'll have to go for even more expensive and over priced SDCC Titan class figure in the future.

MayzaPrime
6th August 2014, 08:38 PM
For rough scale I'd like to see:

Gigantic Class: Primus & Unicron
Titian Class: Metroplex, Tryticon, Fortress Maximus & Scorponok
Supreme Class: Omega Supreme (G1 oriented)
Combiner class: (maybe a bit bigger than FOC Bruticus but slightly smaller than Supreme class Omega Supreme) All of the G1 Combiners. Also of approximate size - Sky Lynx
Leader Class: Overlord and Broadside

Imagine the display you could set up with that lot! :D:eek::D

So many levels of YES! I would love all of the above!

We can dream ;)

GoktimusPrime
6th August 2014, 09:26 PM
Apparently Metroplex didnt sell as well as they would have liked (according to a podcast i listend too -dude mentioned the heavy discounts at the Costco stores).
That's unfortunate. Although I've heard that Encore Fortress Maximus sold well, so I hope that will encourage TakaraTOMY to reissue more big cityformers, like G1 Trypticon, Scorponok etc. I'm still surprised that they did reissue Fort Max considering how the likes of Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme and Metroplex shelf warmed. Although arguably those toys were overproduced (much like God Ginrai), and perhaps TakaraTOMY managed to get the numbers right with Fortress Maximus. :o

I hope that if Hasbro does decide to do any more Titan Classes, that they try to pack it with more value for money. IMHO that's one thing that's contributing to the toy shelf warming at full RRP. Reissue Fort Max will still sell like hotcakes at full RRP because that toy gives you a jolly good bang for your buck. :)

DELTAprime
6th August 2014, 09:40 PM
That's unfortunate. Although I've heard that Encore Fortress Maximus sold well, so I hope that will encourage TakaraTOMY to reissue more big cityformers, like G1 Trypticon, Scorponok etc. I'm still surprised that they did reissue Fort Max considering how the likes of Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme and Metroplex shelf warmed. Although arguably those toys were overproduced (much like God Ginrai), and perhaps TakaraTOMY managed to get the numbers right with Fortress Maximus. :o

I hope that if Hasbro does decide to do any more Titan Classes, that they try to pack it with more value for money. IMHO that's one thing that's contributing to the toy shelf warming at full RRP. Reissue Fort Max will still sell like hotcakes at full RRP because that toy gives you a jolly good bang for your buck. :)

I just checked 3 stores. BBTS, TF Source and Robot Kingdom all still have Fort Max in stock. He is a shelf warmer also.

Bidoofdude
6th August 2014, 10:01 PM
I hope Metroplex sold well enough for them to do another. The news that another is in the works is great. If it is Trypticon (or anything like that, be it Unicron, Scorponok, etc.), then I hope it makes it to our shores at a reasonable price like Metroplex did.

GoktimusPrime
6th August 2014, 10:50 PM
I just checked 3 stores. BBTS, TF Source and Robot Kingdom all still have Fort Max in stock. He is a shelf warmer also.
:( That sucks. :(
But I had heard that TakaraTOMY were reportedly pleased with Fortress Maximus' sales. Keep in mind that online stores probably account for a minority of sales for their toys - most would still be sold via domestic real life brick and mortar stores. Q.33 on the online survey lists various different sources of real life shops and just lumps all online shopping in a single option. ;)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Takara%20survey/takaratomysurvey_mp1_zpsd432a968.jpg

Starscream77
7th August 2014, 07:43 AM

And they have all had him on discount recently, from memory he was well under 300 during the BBTS spring clean sale

GoktimusPrime
7th August 2014, 09:53 AM
How cheap? Was it as bad as God "$20" Ginrai?

Sinnertwin
7th August 2014, 10:02 AM
How cheap? Was it as bad as God "$20" Ginrai?

Not quite :D The lowest i've seen him sell for at an online store like BBTS that i can remember was $229.99

Trent
7th August 2014, 12:54 PM
Not quite :D The lowest i've seen him sell for at an online store like BBTS that i can remember was $229.99

The price I grabbed mine for :D even though he is still in stock, I'd still consider him a success.

BigTransformerTrev
18th August 2014, 02:25 PM
Out of the most discussed possible new Titan figures, I think Trypticon is the most likely. These days they tend to tie in with whoever is the most popular in the comics and games with the Generations toyline.

In recent Trypticon was in Monstrosity and depicted as titan size. He appeared in the last 3 console games (admittedly deactivated/transformerd in the last two), also titan size. He also just got a Kre-O figure (opposite of titan size I guess :p). I think if he was to put in another showing in the IDW'verse, maybe in the sequel to Monstrosity or in the universes current era, it may just push the scales enough for Hasbro to make a figure of him.

POSSIBLE SPOILER
Well Trypticon HAS shown up in the Primacy comic so we can hope :). However considering thier focus on Combiners they may not do another Titan-class any time soon. I suppose Trypticon combines with Brunt & Full-Tilt in his various modes but don't think that really counts :rolleyes: How great would it be though if the new Motormaster could connect to a new Trypticon like the G1 toys! :D

Zommael
18th August 2014, 04:48 PM
It would be relatively to easy to repaint the Stomp and Chomp Grimlock as Trypticon. Whether anyone would actually be happy with that is another story, of course, but it would be an easy repaint.