PDA

View Full Version : Transformers G1 Madman remastered

jimoinj
17th September 2012, 06:46 PM
Hi guys,

I could not find a thread about the new Madman G1 remastered Transformers DVDs so wanted to ask about it. (apologies to Goktimus who usually goes ahead and finds such a thread as though it was the easiest thing to find in the world, my search results yield zilch).

Is it remastered since the last Madman release, or is just the same 'remastered' set of DVDs with different packaging and special features?

Will anyone be ditching their G1 box set for these releases?

Thanks!

Paulbot
17th September 2012, 07:28 PM
Here's the response I got in the acquisitions thread when I asked the same question

Yeah I have

Season 1 to 3 from Rhino With Stupid FX Sounds and extra Animation errors.
Season one box set from Madman With Stupid FX Sounds
Complete G1 season one to three in the Tin from Madman x2 FX sounds still
Re Mastered season 1 from Madman perfect released just how it was :D
Re Masted Season 2.1 from Madman Perfect released just how it was :D

Well worth getting it all yet again cause it no longer has all the stupid extra sound FX that were added by Rhino and that were on the old Madman sets.

I'm tempted. If only in part because the slimmer 3 DVD per case packaging would take less shelf space than the case per disc packaging of the original release. :o

5FDP
21st September 2012, 02:30 PM
I've got the original individual box sets and I'm very happy with them. I just can't justify spending the extra $$$ on replacing them with these. If I had neither, I would go for the remastered versions.

loophole
21st September 2012, 03:46 PM
What I want to know is if they changed the order of the episodes so it makes sense mainly in season 2 where the combacticons first appear fighting the arialbots and then a couple of episodes later they get created by starscream...

5FDP
24th September 2012, 11:45 AM
So... was that Madman error or the order in which they were aired?

loophole
24th September 2012, 03:26 PM
So... was that Madman error or the order in which they were aired?

Not sure but I think it's the order that they were aired still

Krayt
21st October 2012, 01:38 PM
Has anyone checked these out yet? I have all the sets now, but haven't opened them yet to see if they really are better/have good extras

Jetfire in the sky
22nd October 2012, 08:15 PM
What I want to know is if they changed the order of the episodes so it makes sense mainly in season 2 where the combacticons first appear fighting the arialbots and then a couple of episodes later they get created by starscream...

80's stuff never made sense, great example is the Autobots clearly flying in the first episodes then a few episodes later the writers obviously changed their minds and they say the can't fly. Classic

Enter Jetfire :cool: